Junk Silver Junkie Calling it Quits

johnomerta

Sep 29, 2013
North Texas
Primary Interest:
Other
Well, ladies and gentlemen, I'm calling it quits for the moment. I have been struggling with addiction for some time. It seems that I have an addictive personality and thats just me. I spend every waking free moment chasing the Brinks or Loomis dragon, back alley hunting and lately dumping at a pick up bank. My car is littered with wrappers and my kids cant stand to be around me on skunky days. It gotten to the point that I call in to work to take road trips with the hopes of finding a granny dump. Kidding about the dumping but the rest is true. Yall I got it bad. Im laying it down after this last pick up...just one more. SERIOUSLY just one more.

Upvote 0

Uncle Ben

Apr 24, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The first step is admitting you have a problem.......good for you!

Yinzi50

Bronze Member
Sep 14, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lol, we all have an addictive personality otherwise we won't be on this board. We can't change our personality except choose our activity, may it be sex, drugs, gamble, sports(fishing, hunting, etc.), yard sale hunting, CRH, etc. IMHO, CRH is the most positive thing to hook on.

50cent

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2012
Super-Skunksville x1000.
Primary Interest:
Other
Well, ladies and gentlemen, I'm calling it quits for the moment. I have been struggling with addiction for some time. It seems that I have an addictive personality and thats just me. I spend every waking free moment chasing the Brinks or Loomis dragon, back alley hunting and lately dumping at a pick up bank. My car is littered with wrappers and my kids cant stand to be around me on skunky days. It gotten to the point that I call in to work to take road trips with the hopes of finding a granny dump. Kidding about the dumping but the rest is true. Yall I got it bad. Im laying it down after this last pick up...just one more. SERIOUSLY just one more.

if you need any support, i'm here for you dawg

OP
OP
J

johnomerta

Sep 29, 2013
North Texas
Primary Interest:
Other
Im still going through junk silver withdrawals. I find myself looking at some of the threads just trying to get a taste but its not enough. My first day I went to my LCS and drop three hundred bucks and have spent another three or so since then. Im spending more money now than hunting. LAWD help me!

SilverFace

Silver Member
Aug 21, 2011
Silverville
Primary Interest:
Other
When I stopped CRHing for a while last year I went back to hunting for coins on ebay which is what I used to do several years ago before I really got into CRHing on a regular basis so I can kinda relate to what you're saying. But buying silver near melt value every week can get to be rather expensive so I prefer getting my silver @ fv these days. CRHing is more fun and affordable.

Good luck to u.

OP
OP
J

johnomerta

Sep 29, 2013
North Texas
Primary Interest:
Other
When I stopped CRHing for a while last year I went back to hunting for coins on ebay which is what I used to do several years ago before I really got into CRHing on a regular basis so I can kinda relate to what you're saying. But buying silver near melt value every week can get to be rather expensive so I prefer getting my silver @ fv these days. CRHing is more fun and affordable.

Good luck to u.

Ive been working on putting together a MS collection of buffalo nickels. So for the most part that is were ive been put the money. I enjoy it. The time is my biggest issue. It is taking away from time that I should be at the gym or working at my wifes business....I still haven't been to the gym.lol

SilverFace

Silver Member
Aug 21, 2011
Silverville
Primary Interest:
Other
I bought a lot of buffalos and V nickels late last year on ebay. Most of the coins I bought were lower grade but I got some pretty good deals. I think I bought around 30 rolls of full date and partial date buffalos and quite a few V nickels in various grades. I think most of the partial date buffs that are mostly in the '20's I bought for only about .15 each. Good luck with your collection set.

Twitch

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2010
Missouri
johnomerta - addiction, even to CRH'ing, can be a very serious problem. Glad to see you're taking proactive steps to control it. It's very easy to see how a guy would rather take a road trip than head to work. Good luck.

TimZim

Bronze Member
Aug 3, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you pick up a few oz every week and start a pile it will keep your silver bug happy!! Then what ever you find will be the extra prize.

theekman

Jan 1, 2013
Illinois
Detector(s) used
garrett ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I stopped a while ago. Ill probably startup eventually again but no time soon.

You'll have so much more free time on your hands now.

DDancer

Bronze Member
Mar 25, 2014
Traveling US to work
Detector(s) used
Current Equinox 600
Past Whites DFX Garret GTI 2500 and others
Prospecting Minelab GPZ 7000
Past SD 2100 GP 3000 (retired)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gonna suck when he gets his 30 day chip at the convince store and its a silver quarter.....

OP
OP
J

johnomerta

Sep 29, 2013
North Texas
Primary Interest:
Other
It has been a long road. There are days I go to the car wash and just keep pumping ones in the machine to get quarters. My wife asks me why ive been obsessing about cleaning the car. Really ive been putting together a high grade buffalo nickel and Franklin collection. The buffalo will take the longest but the Franks keep my itch in check. And ive been going to the gym again so the time everyday I spent chasing the dragon I'm working on my fitness now. Im a junk silver junkie and when I fall off the wagon ill need a box and a bag to ease the pain. Relapse is part of it. :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread