Curbside service: courier handed me my half box

Zero

Bronze Member
Feb 20, 2013
Kentucky
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I arrived at the bank at the same time as the courier. Their armored vehicle said "ATM Services", Cincinnati Ohio. This was my first time to see them. They dollied in the stuff into the vault, and the courier came out with my half box, handed it to me, and said "curbside service". Nothing exciting, but a little story to share.

Does anyone know who "ATM Services" is? Do they sound like a small coin wrapping company?
I thought they were Garda or Dunbar, but the rolls are white with black marks and the boxes are the flat yellow ones.

My silver from their boxes is very slim. I've often thought of not ordering anymore considering I've only found 7-40% out of 56 boxes. Keep on rolling!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
OP
OP
Zero

Zero

Bronze Member
Feb 20, 2013
Kentucky
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Okay...you got me on my English skills but you got to factor in these ridiculous smart phone touch pads built for small fingers and the auto completion issue (just some excuses).

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
haha np man, I'm no grammar Nazi, don't worry about that, I was just having a little fun :) Perhaps you should make this bank a dump bank and pick up from a different courier?
Okay...you got me on my English skills but you got to factor in these ridiculous smart phone touch pads built for small fingers and the auto completion issue (just some excuses).

OP
OP
Zero

Zero

Bronze Member
Feb 20, 2013
Kentucky
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
haha np man, I'm no grammar Nazi, don't worry about that, I was just having a little fun :) Perhaps you should make this bank a dump bank and pick up from a different courier?

Your pun was fun and thanks for the suggestion. They are really nice bank and maybe they wouldn't mind if I reversed the process on them.

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your pun was fun and thanks for the suggestion. They are really nice bank and maybe they wouldn't mind if I reversed the process on them.

Speak with them and discuss which option is better :)

CW3(ret) US Army

Jun 30, 2011
Downstate New York
Detector(s) used
White Spectra V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I arrived at the bank at the same time as the courier. Their armored vehicle said "ATM Services", Cincinnati Ohio. This was my first time to see them. They dollied in the stuff into the vault, and the courier came out with my half box, handed it to me, and said "curbside service". Nothing exciting, but a little story to share.

Does anyone know who "ATM Services" is? Do they sound like a small coin wrapping company?
I thought they were Garda or Dunbar, but the rolls are white with black marks and the boxes are the flat yellow ones.

My silver from their boxes is very slim. I've often thought of not ordering anymore considering I've only found 7-40% out of 56 boxes. Keep on rolling!

:laughing7: Nice to get curbside service for sure. None of my banks would do that. They have mostly female tellers who have a hard time getting my single box out of the vault. I would do it for them if they would let me but they don't. I've never heard of "ATM Services" either. Maybe they are a local courier in your area. Anyway you have found some some silver in 56 boxes. If they are ordering you boxes with no fees, it might be worth your while to keep them as a pickup bank. More & more people on TNET are being told they have to pay fees to get their boxes. If you read the posts, some people have gone a lot longer with no silver to show for it. Anyway back to the curbside service; was there any silver in the box? Will you be able to get curbside service more often or was it a 1 time deal?
HH
Gary

fish on!

May 4, 2012
In the bank
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's awesome. I always try to avoid being in my banks at the same time as the armored car service. I know they don't like me so I figure I'm better off just avoiding them. As for the courier service, I've never heard of them, but I know there are many more than just the big four that get talked about all the time. Some of my dump banks use little random armored car companies I have never heard of. I'm still trying to figure out how all of it works. I keep finding silver so I don't really want to change anything, but it would be good to know how all the coin flows. For instance, I know some of the banks I use get their coin from a different service than the one that empties their coin counters which seems really weird to me. I'm trying to come up with a way of figuring it all out that is different than just repeating all the same stuff that I hear on this website.

OP
OP
Zero

Zero

Bronze Member
Feb 20, 2013
Kentucky
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:laughing7: ... Anyway back to the curbside service; was there any silver in the box? Will you be able to get curbside service more often or was it a 1 time deal?
HH
Gary

No silver this time either. You are right that others have reported much longer skunk streaks. I try to avoid showing up when the armored truck is there since the vault manager is dealing with them and doesn't want to bother with me.

OP
OP
Zero

Zero

Bronze Member
Feb 20, 2013
Kentucky
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's awesome. ... For instance, I know some of the banks I use get their coin from a different service than the one that empties their coin counters which seems really weird to me. I'm trying to come up with a way of figuring it all out that is different than just repeating all the same stuff that I hear on this website.
One of the banks I frequent, said that the coin counter is under a contract with some 3rd party company like "coin star" but it doesn't have a company logo on it. The flow of coins does seem like an interesting study. I think a GPS tracker in a magician coin would be a lot better than marking or painting. Fifty cent suggested he had done it before, but the data looked a little fishy (not saying anything bad about 50 cent...just saying he is rather creative with his posts at times). You are killing it out there with your finds this week. Congrats! Keep on rolling.

50cent

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2012
Super-Skunksville x1000.
Primary Interest:
Other

nothing exciting?!?!?!?!? This could be regarded by some as a religious experience in the world of CRH'n. Most carriers are afraid of customers, let alone coin roll hunters----and here you are, with a box, handed directly to your hands. I declare that this ATM Services to be ordained by the silver gods.

Frequent that bank frequently, and make sure you arrive when the carrier arrives. Give the man a cigar, a gift card, or give him something, who knows, your chance of enders might increase dawg.

OP
OP
Zero

Zero

Bronze Member
Feb 20, 2013
Kentucky
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nothing exciting?!?!?!?!? This could be regarded by some as a religious experience in the world of CRH'n. Most carriers are afraid of customers, let alone coin roll hunters----and here you are, with a box, handed directly to your hands. I declare that this ATM Services to be ordained by the silver gods. Frequent that bank frequently, and make sure you arrive when the carrier arrives. Give the man a cigar, a gift card, or give him something, who knows, your chance of enders might increase dawg.
Exactly...perhaps it will be an early scene in the next CRH movie "Seven minutes in TD". The box could be packed with valuable coins taking the hunter on a journey to wealth, heartache, and eventually redemption.

Religious experience...lol.

CW3(ret) US Army

Jun 30, 2011
Downstate New York
Detector(s) used
White Spectra V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Exactly...perhaps it will be an early scene in the next CRH movie "Seven minutes in TD". The box could be packed with valuable coins taking the hunter on a journey to wealth, heartache, and eventually redemption.

Religious experience...lol.

:icon_scratch: The title of your film "Seven minutes in TD", was the bank that gave you the curbside service a TD Bank? Around here the TD Banks won't order boxes of halfs. That's why I use them exclusivly for dumping.
HH
Gary

OP
OP
Zero

Zero

Bronze Member
Feb 20, 2013
Kentucky
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:icon_scratch: The title of your film "Seven minutes in TD", was the bank that gave you the curbside service a TD Bank? Around here the TD Banks won't order boxes of halfs. That's why I use them exclusivly for dumping. HH Gary

No...it wasn't a TD Bank. The parallel was with the movie "Seven Years in Tibet" and TD sounded better than at the local bank that it actually was. Keep on rolling.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread