Thank You Donna!

fish on!

May 4, 2012
In the bank
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found myself doing a bit of a road trip this morning in an area that I haven't been to before that is pretty far from home. The first bank had a couple clad halves. I went into the second bank and the teller said he had $2 or so in halves which I could see were all clad. He asked if I was looking for anything specific and I said I like to collect all of them. His question made me think that he collects silver. I asked him if any of the other tellers had halves. He asked and one of the other tellers said she had two rolls. He brought them over and I could immediately see that they were older style rolls. He then said: "Well, they must have been deposited by someone name Donna and it looks like they are all the same two years since it is written on the side." He sounded dejected and I could tell why as soon as I saw the dates. I rushed out to the car to see if they were really all as indicated because I know some CRH'ers like to play jokes on eachother. Luckily, I got to the car and was elated to find that I had two rolls of solid 40%'ers. I've really had some good luck with the random bank stops lately. With this find I was psyched to hunt all the way home, but unfortunately out of the next 30 or so banks I didn't find another silver. But hey, I'm not complaining. Today was awesome.

rolls.jpg silver.jpg

Upvote 0

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is an awesome find! You've been quite lucky with the CWR halves lately :)

starkizzle

Mar 9, 2014
Maine
Detector(s) used
soon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great find! You should add it to the Solid Rolls thread in the CRH Log!

SilverFace

Silver Member
Aug 21, 2011
Silverville
Primary Interest:
Other
Another solid roll score with the dates written right on the rolls! My last solid roll score about 2 1/2 years ago was one of those cwr's with the different looking wrappers and had 1968D written on the outside of the roll. :)

Congrats on another great score! :thumbsup:

OP
OP
F

fish on!

May 4, 2012
In the bank
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Another solid roll score with the dates written right on the rolls! My last solid roll score about 2 1/2 years ago was one of those cwr's with the different looking wrappers and had 1968D written on the outside of the roll. :)

Congrats on another great score! :thumbsup:

Thanks a lot. I went over a year without finding a solid roll and now that is two soid scores in the last three weeks. Each time I get those rolls with the dates I get really excited and then panic thinking that someone is just messing with me.

Infowarrior

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2012
Fema Region 3
Detector(s) used
NOX 800, Ace 250, Garret Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sweet!!!

Man im rusty, havent been out hunting in a week, was in colorado! Heck yah, cant wait to start stackin the silver to move out there!! Lots of banks from what I saw too... very cool

CW3(ret) US Army

Jun 30, 2011
Downstate New York
Detector(s) used
White Spectra V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found myself doing a bit of a road trip this morning in an area that I haven't been to before that is pretty far from home. The first bank had a couple clad halves. I went into the second bank and the teller said he had $2 or so in halves which I could see were all clad. He asked if I was looking for anything specific and I said I like to collect all of them. His question made me think that he collects silver. I asked him if any of the other tellers had halves. He asked and one of the other tellers said she had two rolls. He brought them over and I could immediately see that they were older style rolls. He then said: "Well, they must have been deposited by someone name Donna and it looks like they are all the same two years since it is written on the side." He sounded dejected and I could tell why as soon as I saw the dates. I rushed out to the car to see if they were really all as indicated because I know some CRH'ers like to play jokes on eachother. Luckily, I got to the car and was elated to find that I had two rolls of solid 40%'ers. I've really had some good luck with the random bank stops lately. With this find I was psyched to hunt all the way home, but unfortunately out of the next 30 or so banks I didn't find another silver. But hey, I'm not complaining. Today was awesome.

View attachment 976036 View attachment 976037

:occasion14: Congrats on a great find. What were the years, were they as written on the wrappers?
HH
Gary

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread