• 1893 Columbian Expo commem rev.jpg
    1893 Columbian Expo commem rev.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 91
Upvote 0

agme

Feb 4, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
SilverFace, That is an awesome find!. I love finding Commemoratives but they are few and far between but that one is so cool!

boristhespider88

Bronze Member
May 10, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
My boxes have been pretty lousy lately so it was sure nice just finding a couple of 40%ers in my half box today. But the box got even better when in the very last roll I found my very first silver commem - an 1893 Columbian Expo! :happy3:

That sure made my day. Once again my best finds seem to happen when I least expect it. :)

H$H!

Way to go!!!

Local_coins

Nov 24, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
NEVER found a commemorative in over 10 years of CRHing. Congrats to you!

Iamrussell

Bronze Member
Mar 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Still waiting for my 1st congrats

-------------------------------------
just keep stacking, just keep stacking, stacking stacking stacking

BRChiver

Oct 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's awesome! Kinda the same with me when I found my Booker T Washington, think I was on a 20+- skunk streak. Congrats :notworthy:
HH!
BRChiver

Yinzi50

Bronze Member
Sep 14, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to the silver commemorative club. I have found 10, 3 being Columbian.

Argentium

Gold Member
Feb 2, 2008
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Whites, MXT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In addition to being your first commemorative half , that is America's first commemorative half as well , Nice !

norcalsteve

Sep 30, 2013
Petaluma, CA
Detector(s) used
36" Bazooka Prospector, Gold-n-Sand hand dredge
My boxes have been pretty lousy lately so it was sure nice just finding a couple of 40%ers in my half box today. But the box got even better when in the very last roll I found my very first silver commem - an 1893 Columbian Expo! :happy3:

That sure made my day. Once again my best finds seem to happen when I least expect it. :)

H$H!

Congrats !
A few months ago I found a 1982 s George Washington birth commemorative.
Speaking of the 1893 Columbian expo. Last weekend I was going through some stuff in the garage and found an 1893 columbian expo commemorative silver spoon. Not a coin but still cool found silver.

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20140410_205549.png
    ForumRunner_20140410_205549.png
    107.4 KB · Views: 72
OP
OP
SilverFace

SilverFace

Silver Member
Aug 21, 2011
Silverville
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks guys. Its been kinda hectic at work for me the past couple of days and I picked up the box this morning and I searched it later this afternoon after work in my car. After mostly all skunk boxes the past 5 weeks I was just happy to have found the two 40% in the box and I was rushing to finish it so I could dump the coins at my dump bank down the street, then like I said I found the commem in the very last roll so it sure was a surprise lol.

Im supposed to have another box to p/u from a new p/u bank tomorrow and one or two more boxes from other banks on Monday. Hope I can start getting some better boxes than I have lately, but I know lousy skunk streaks r just part of the game and even with my lousy boxes lately I probably still have close to a 2 keeper per box average this year so I can't complain.

Good luck guys and H$H!

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is a sweet pick from a box, I've found several clad commemoratives but never a silver one, way to go!

Dozer D

Silver Member
Feb 12, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice find Silverface. Good to have a change in the action of CRH. HH

CW3(ret) US Army

Jun 30, 2011
Downstate New York
Detector(s) used
White Spectra V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

H$H!

:hello2: Congrats on the find. It looks to be in very good condition. I've found that one last year & have also found 2 1946 Booker T Washington halfs. It was funny as the 2 Booker T Washington halfs were in the same box.
HH
Gary

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey SF, AWESOME find! It seems that when we are just beginning to think "Is all this really worth it" something pops up and reals us back in again lol. Congrats on a GREAT find! HH, Maverick.

Zero

Bronze Member
Feb 20, 2013
Kentucky
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice find...that is my favorite coin in my collection but I bought mine for $10. Keep on rolling!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread