Dime results - nothing specially hot

SilverFace

Silver Member
Aug 21, 2011
Silverville
Primary Interest:
Other
Looks like some pretty good box averages and a lot of keepers!

I've had dimes on my mind all afternoon. I stopped by my dump bank just after noon today and I was chatting with one of the tellers and the security guard there. They told me that just recently the teller got a loaded dime box. The teller said she picked out $20 fv of silver for herself and sold the rest of the box to the security guard and he got almost the same amount of silver for himself from the rest of the box. The teller said she already sold her silver at some place in another town nearby (maybe near where she lives Idk) and the security guard was asking me if I knew a good place nearby where he could sell his. Man, I cant imagine getting 7-8 rolls of silver from one dime box. I assume they were telling me the truth but I guess I'll never really know for sure lol. Next time Im in Im gonna have to remember to ask her if anyone there has had anymore luck with boxes there. That's one of my dump banks so I never get any boxes there, but I don't dump dimes there so if I hear about them finding anymore good boxes there I just may have to get a box myself. Probably not much chance of finding another loaded box like they found though. What an unpredictable hobby this is. :)

SilverFace

Silver Member
Aug 21, 2011
Silverville
Primary Interest:
Other
It might have happened, but not to me ;)

my biggest yield is $5 face value from $100 CWR
my best box was $2.40 face value

but i can dream!!

I've been thinking and sorta daydreaming about that dime box all afternoon. 400 or so silver keepers from one dime box just seems so amazing to me, and Im pretty sure they were telling the truth. Im just wondering if I should try getting a dime box or two from there sometime soon. :icon_scratch:

Iamrussell

Bronze Member
Mar 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
IF (big if) its a true story it was a big collection dump and most likely gone, as in it was mostly in that one box maybe spread in another couoke that have already been distributed, but ya never know- and wouldnt be specific to just that bank unless they roll their own dumped coins-

-------------------------------------
just keep stacking, just keep stacking, stacking stacking stacking

SilverFace

Silver Member
Aug 21, 2011
Silverville
Primary Interest:
Other
IF (big if) its a true story it was a big collection dump and most likely gone, as in it was mostly in that one box maybe spread in another couoke that have already been distributed, but ya never know- and wouldnt be specific to just that bank unless they roll their own dumped coins-

-------------------------------------
just keep stacking, just keep stacking, stacking stacking stacking

Yeah I know what u mean, its probably very unlikely Id be able find another box like that one. And she did tell me she had never found a box like that one before. But I still cant help thinking, how can I get a box like that one? lol. :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread