This weeks 33 boxes of halves, plus a sweet buffalo nickel score.

Infowarrior

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2012
Fema Region 3
Detector(s) used
NOX 800, Ace 250, Garret Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey guys, I was on vacation last week(Colorado baby!!!), So I had a few orders cancelled, and closer banks to home I still ordered from and picked up monday/tuesday this week... So I have done 33 boxes in the last 4 days...

Breakdown: (1) 90% kennedy, and (2) 40%

Horrible skunk streak continues, The previous week I did 23 boxes and only got (9) 40%... So this week was much worse obviously. Hopefully it changes next week or I might have to really cut back for a while or something, its just too much skunkage for me to deal with, id rather drive around lookin for CWR's...

I did have a pretty sweet teller score yesterday though, I went in and asked for halves/large dollars, and the teller I was talking too didnt, but another teller brought his coin "tray" over, and had $15 in halves, and I saw silver rims right away... and definitely heard them when he dumped them into an envelope for me.

Ended with 10 40%ers out of $15 worth, not bad at all!

I was exchanging the cash for the halves and noticed an odd looking nickel(indian head) on the end of the tray... I asked if I could buy it, and he asked if I wanted ALL of them!! The entire row was buffalo nickels!!!! a whole roll, $2 worth.

Sadly enough not 1 of them has a visible date, but its still a great score, and probably my first buff nickels in 15+ years, I remember finding one as a kid...

Pretty crappy week overall, 33 boxes and only 3 silvers out of the bunch... but atleast I had a decent teller tray score.

HH all

Upvote 0

SilverFace

Silver Member
Aug 21, 2011
Silverville
Primary Interest:
Other
Sorry to hear about all the lousy half boxes but u sure did great with the customer halves and the buffalo nickels. Too bad all the buffalos are no dates but an entire roll is great. Did u happen to notice any raised mounds on the buffalos? I just started my wknd nickel box and already found my second '43D (key date) war nic of the year which is kinda cool.

Hope u start getting some better boxes soon. H$H!

OP
OP
Infowarrior

Infowarrior

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2012
Fema Region 3
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Honestly, I have no clue what to look for on buffs... nickels arent really my thing, but I couldnt pass em up :)

OP
OP
Infowarrior

Infowarrior

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2012
Fema Region 3
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh yeah I also lost 2 banks, and gained 1... ughh what a struggle its getting to be to keep banks willing to order... after a year+ of ordering and bringing cookies at both banks, they just say they got word they arent allowed to order anymore... I mean wtf dont these people have a spine at all? they cant stick up for me at all? just do what your told, listen to your dictators... ugh very frustrating world we live in... I mean between the 2 banks i was getting 3 total boxes per week... not like I was getting 10+ between them... rant over

CW3(ret) US Army

Jun 30, 2011
Downstate New York
Detector(s) used
White Spectra V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey guys, I was on vacation last week(Colorado baby!!!), So I had a few orders cancelled, and closer banks to home I still ordered from and picked up monday/tuesday this week... So I have done 33 boxes in the last 4 days...

Breakdown: (1) 90% kennedy, and (2) 40%

Horrible skunk streak continues, The previous week I did 23 boxes and only got (9) 40%... So this week was much worse obviously. Hopefully it changes next week or I might have to really cut back for a while or something, its just too much skunkage for me to deal with, id rather drive around lookin for CWR's...

I did have a pretty sweet teller score yesterday though, I went in and asked for halves/large dollars, and the teller I was talking too didnt, but another teller brought his coin "tray" over, and had $15 in halves, and I saw silver rims right away... and definitely heard them when he dumped them into an envelope for me.

Ended with 10 40%ers out of $15 worth, not bad at all!

I was exchanging the cash for the halves and noticed an odd looking nickel(indian head) on the end of the tray... I asked if I could buy it, and he asked if I wanted ALL of them!! The entire row was buffalo nickels!!!! a whole roll, $2 worth.

Sadly enough not 1 of them has a visible date, but its still a great score, and probably my first buff nickels in 15+ years, I remember finding one as a kid...

Pretty crappy week overall, 33 boxes and only 3 silvers out of the bunch... but atleast I had a decent teller tray score.

HH all

:coffee2: That's going to be a lot of dumping! How do you manage that? I agree that 3 silvers out of 33 boxes is poor. The teller score was nice and it doesn't matter how you get it as some people say that's more for the pile. Too bad the buffalo nickels don't have any dates. People on the site talk about something called nick a date which will bring out the date on the buffs.
HH
Gary

CC-Hunter

Bronze Member
Sep 18, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on the teller tray scores!

I am more and more focusing on teller trays and rolls the banks already have. The volume is way down but the ratio of keepers to coins searched is way up. The boxes are becoming too muck of a pain. I do less than one box a week now.

agme

Feb 4, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah Info, that is brutal for 33 boxes. I hope you have a big turnaround next week, it only takes one great box to make a great week.
Yes nice going on the teller trays, that helps to ease the pain some.

Twitch

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2010
Missouri
Ouch.... It kills me when I go 0 for 2 in a week. Nice score on the Buff's. I'd rather find a dateless buffalo than a war nickel.

mountainman 2

Bronze Member
Aug 9, 2006
Extreme Northern NJ
Detector(s) used
whites classic sl,whites surfmaster,garrett ATX,minelab vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry to hear of your bad luck. We are in the same zone so i feel your pain. Don't know how you manage dumping over 30 boxes of halves a week, it's got to seem like a full time job. Try some dimes, they almost always produce at least 1 per box and are easier to dump.
Congrats on the buffalo nickel score. Dateless or not, it's still cool to see 20 older nickels in a row. Turn the coins to the reverse side(the side with the buffalo). If you see one where the buffalo is on a mound instead of a line, you have a type 1. It was only made in 1913.

Attachments

• DSCN4848.JPG
    DSCN4848.JPG
    54.7 KB · Views: 330
Last edited:

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man, that's tough, its been dry lately. Congrats on the buffalo nickel score, dateless or not, it Is still a nice find :)

xnytxowlx

Sep 15, 2013
Pennsylvania
Primary Interest:
Other
Info, I have gone through 100+ boxes in a row of your scraps. Ive found sooooo many marked coins from you. Cant wait for this batch to end. If the next batch is also your dumps, im switching over to full time nickels!

OP
OP
Infowarrior

Infowarrior

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2012
Fema Region 3
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Info, I have gone through 100+ boxes in a row of your scraps. Ive found sooooo many marked coins from you. Cant wait for this batch to end. If the next batch is also your dumps, im switching over to full time nickels!

Red marks or blue??

Yeah I havent had much luck either, I feel like im just searching someone elses dumps lol...

And about my dump setup, I have it pretty easy compared to most everybody on here... many local branches around, that have coin machines with bin setups, which can take 5k+ in halves... I generally dump 1500-2000 at each branch... some of the branches get hit up twice in the week. One of the branches set me up with a bag dump, so ill dump 2-4k per week at that branch too...

Dimes hurt my eyes too much, plus the machines would often count them as pennies/cents, and just end up costing me money, plus the eye strain not worth it :P

HH all

xnytxowlx

Sep 15, 2013
Pennsylvania
Primary Interest:
Other
Red marks from jan 2014. All same batch number on boxes. so im hoping the batch will end soon. I put black or blue "S" on coins I mark. I have same setup as you for dumps (minus the bag dump). I was going through more than 20 boxes a week earlier this year, but skunks are too boring. Switched to only 8 boxes a week and then the rest nickels. In 200 boxes of halves, ive gotten 11 silvers. In 85 boxes of nickels, I have 80 wars, 84 buffs, and 2 Vs.

Iamrussell

Bronze Member
Mar 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Red marks or blue??

Yeah I havent had much luck either, I feel like im just searching someone elses dumps lol...

And about my dump setup, I have it pretty easy compared to most everybody on here... many local branches around, that have coin machines with bin setups, which can take 5k+ in halves... I generally dump 1500-2000 at each branch... some of the branches get hit up twice in the week. One of the branches set me up with a bag dump, so ill dump 2-4k per week at that branch too...

HH all

5K? Oh man that is a sweet dump situation- man if I could dump that much in 1 time id up my boxes to 30-40 a week-

-------------------------------------
just keep stacking, just keep stacking, stacking stacking stacking

OP
OP
Infowarrior

Infowarrior

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2012
Fema Region 3
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yah another CRH'r I ran into, would dump 5-6k at my branch which has me setup on bag dumps now... they switched both of us at the same time to bags... but he quit hunting a month or 2 ago... so now im getting all of his skunk boxes he used to hunt and its taking forever to get outa skunksville, especially since my volume has taken such a hit over this year... I used to do 33 per week every week, but now im at 21 or so. I just had more this week cause I missed last week due to vacation.

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey info, that is BRUTAL, it will turn around, gotta get through the crap that is piled up at the facility, new batch will eventually come through, I have had rough weeks too, I remember doing 32 a week only to have 1 or 2 boxes give up anything and thinking is this really worth it, then it turns around and I just keep going. This week was my best week ever doing this, I searched 26 boxes and 5 bags, I found 94 40's and 53 90's ( that bag I posted earlier this week with the proofs really helped), so hang in there, it will come around again, it allways does. HH, Maverick. Oh, AWESOME score on the Buffs too!

OP
OP
Infowarrior

Infowarrior

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2012
Fema Region 3
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Mav... Yeah this is the worst skunk streak ive had since I started... dont know how IamRussell does it... Its really bringin me down! lol

Yah that bag score was incredible!

xnytxowlx

Sep 15, 2013
Pennsylvania
Primary Interest:
Other
I crushed iamrussell this year... in crappiness! Through this many boxes last year, I found 250+ silvers. This year, 11! I did find a 67 this week. My skunk streak ended at an even 100 boxes. Woo hoo!

xnytxowlx

Sep 15, 2013
Pennsylvania
Primary Interest:
Other
Haha no no no... a 1967, as in 1 40% er! Remwmber these ARE your rejects! It was reallllllly dirty. Didnt think it was a silver. I just pulled it so I could mark it and throw it back. Got lucky

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread