2 boxes. 26/40% and 2/90%. First Franklin!

jmc_NWA

Mar 9, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey guys!

Went Friday and picked up a box of halves and searched through them. Found 3 40% in one roll and that was it for that box. Stopped by another before heading to the dump bank and they had $490 in the vault. Seemed like it was probably a dump, but I said I'd take $250. Got to the truck and started opening rolls. Silver everywhere! Several rolls had multiple silvers in it, including a 1963 Franklin. Of course, I headed back in for the last $240. Ended up pulling out 2 40% and 1 90%. Glad I stopped by that bank!

ForumRunner_20140419_201251.png

Upvote 0

SilverFace

Silver Member
Aug 21, 2011
Silverville
Primary Interest:
Other
Congrats on the half dollar score and finding your first Ben. I would have thought $490 would have probably been someone else's dump too, but u just never know with this hobby. So were those $490 in halves cwr's or mwr's?

OP
OP
J

jmc_NWA

Mar 9, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on the half dollar score and finding your first Ben. I would have thought $490 would have probably been someone else's dump too, but u just never know with this hobby. So were those $490 in halves cwr's or mwr's?

Thanks! They were all Loomis mwr.

SilverFace

Silver Member
Aug 21, 2011
Silverville
Primary Interest:
Other
Id definitely check back with that bank to see if u might be able to get more great rolls like those. :)

H$H!

CW3(ret) US Army

Jun 30, 2011
Downstate New York
Detector(s) used
White Spectra V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey guys!

Went Friday and picked up a box of halves and searched through them. Found 3 40% in one roll and that was it for that box. Stopped by another before heading to the dump bank and they had $490 in the vault. Seemed like it was probably a dump, but I said I'd take $250. Got to the truck and started opening rolls. Silver everywhere! Several rolls had multiple silvers in it, including a 1963 Franklin. Of course, I headed back in for the last $240. Ended up pulling out 2 40% and 1 90%. Glad I stopped by that bank!

View attachment 981411

:hello2: Welcome to TNET. You should always pick up all the rolls even if you think it was someone's dump. You never know what they might have missed. That bank most likely had a box that someone never picked up so it was your lucky day. Right place, right time strikes again. Congrats on the finds. From your picture it looks like you had 2 90%s & 32 40%s. What was the dates of the 40%s? The key date for them is 1970.
HH
Gary

OP
OP
J

jmc_NWA

Mar 9, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:hello2: Welcome to TNET. You should always pick up all the rolls even if you think it was someone's dump. You never know what they might have missed. That bank most likely had a box that someone never picked up so it was your lucky day. Right place, right time strikes again. Congrats on the finds. From your picture it looks like you had 2 90%s & 32 40%s. What was the dates of the 40%s? The key date for them is 1970.
HH
Gary

Thanks, Gary. I've always bought them all, but didn't have time to search through dumps Friday if they were. I was aware of the 1970, but it actually slipped my mind. I'll have to go back and check them again. Thanks for the heads up!

HH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread