1st commemorative, well 3 of them....

barneyb71

Mar 6, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hit a few new banks this week and picked up about $450 CWRs in halves. Pulled 2 40%. The last bank for the week had $50 and I'm glad I picked that up. My very first commemorative, 1989 D Bicentennial of Congress clad. Then a 1988 s clad in the same roll. Next roll had not 1, but 2, 1986 D Statue of Liberty - Ellis Island Centennial clad. Wish I could post pictures, I'll work on it, they are good looking coins. Also picked up 10 rolls of solid copper pennies, a Roosevelt dime and 1 Canadian dime. Not to bad of a week. Happy Easter everyone.

Upvote 0

SilverFace

Silver Member
Aug 21, 2011
Silverville
Primary Interest:
Other
Sounds like some good finds. And congrats on finding your first 3 commems. Kinda cool u found them all together like that but u just never know with this hobby. I think I've found 4 or 5 of those '86 Statue of Liberty's, and 2 '93 or '94 World Cups I think they're called. Then just recently I found an 1893 Columbian Expo commem which was a really cool find for me but those are the only commems Ive ever found. Id really like to find one of those silver '82 GW's sometime soon too like someone else just found recently. I own several of those '82 GW's & 1893 Columbian commems that I've bought over the years but its not the same as finding them at fv. :)

Happy Easter and HH!

CW3(ret) US Army

Jun 30, 2011
Downstate New York
Detector(s) used
White Spectra V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hit a few new banks this week and picked up about $450 CWRs in halves. Pulled 2 40%. The last bank for the week had $50 and I'm glad I picked that up. My very first commemorative, 1989 D Bicentennial of Congress clad. Then a 1988 s clad in the same roll. Next roll had not 1, but 2, 1986 D Statue of Liberty - Ellis Island Centennial clad. Wish I could post pictures, I'll work on it, they are good looking coins. Also picked up 10 rolls of solid copper pennies, a Roosevelt dime and 1 Canadian dime. Not to bad of a week. Happy Easter everyone.

:hello: Congrats on the commemoratives. They are nice to find as they break up the routine of looking at the same Kennedy clads over & over again. Just be aware that the 86 Statue of Liberty-Ellis Island commemorative has a S mint mark in addition to the D mint mark. The S mint mark is also clad. The dollar coin of the set was silver not the half. If you're unable to post pictures don't get upset over it. I'm a old dog & don't know how to post pictures either.
HH
Gary

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread