2014 halve

Iamrussell

Bronze Member
Mar 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No halves yet- quarters dimes and cents
Matter of fact havent seen any 2013 halves yet and been a very long time since ive seen any nifcs- maybe the other hunters in my area are hoarding them but I find that hard to believe

-------------------------------------
just keep stacking, just keep stacking, stacking stacking stacking

ArkieBassMan

Silver Member
Dec 17, 2009
AR
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not that I even really​ want either, but I haven't found a 2013 let alone a 2014.

OP
OP
S

starkizzle

Mar 9, 2014
Maine
Detector(s) used
soon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
are they only in mint sets? are people busting them out of plastic that fast?

OP
OP
S

starkizzle

Mar 9, 2014
Maine
Detector(s) used
soon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ooooooh, and then they just spend them?? maybe some of them are CRHers and spend them so they are in the wild

boristhespider88

Bronze Member
May 10, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
ooooooh, and then they just spend them?? maybe some of them are CRHers and spend them so they are in the wild

Most likely it isn't from CRHers; dealers buy them, pull out the highest grade ones to submit to PCGS and NGC and other grading services and dump the rest.

Iamrussell

Bronze Member
Mar 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Most likely it isn't from CRHers; dealers buy them, pull out the highest grade ones to submit to PCGS and NGC and other grading services and dump the rest.

This is my guess as well

-------------------------------------
just keep stacking, just keep stacking, stacking stacking stacking

weighit

Feb 17, 2007
Northern Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX with a Big Foot coil
Gold Bug 2
Seems like such a waste of our money to produce those coins that nobody seems to use any more.

Local_coins

Nov 24, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found my first 2013 half just last week. No 2014 yet.

iontyre

Mar 1, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Before I realized so many of the NIFC halves were being dumped into circulation (or what passes for circulation with half dollars :dontknow:) I bought rolls of 2012, 2013, and 2014 halves (P&D) from the mint with the plan to sell the ones I didn't want. I probably still will do that. What I've noticed is the Philly halves seem to be of lesser quality than the Denver halves. Lots of light strikes and 'mushy' lettering on P's with bold lettering and details on the D's.

OP
OP
S

starkizzle

Mar 9, 2014
Maine
Detector(s) used
soon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Before I realized so many of the NIFC halves were being dumped into circulation (or what passes for circulation with half dollars :dontknow:) I bought rolls of 2012, 2013, and 2014 halves (P&D) from the mint with the plan to sell the ones I didn't want. I probably still will do that. What I've noticed is the Philly halves seem to be of lesser quality than the Denver halves. Lots of light strikes and 'mushy' lettering on P's with bold lettering and details on the D's.
maybe you should keep more from denver? if they are nicer coins...

MIhunter

Bronze Member
Jun 29, 2011
Southeastern MI
Seems like such a waste of our money to produce those coins that nobody seems to use any more.

Half dollars, quarters and dimes cost less than face to make and distribute. So when the US Mint sells them at a premium over face there is definitely a profit.
From the Mint's site:
$20 face value in halves - $33 plus S/H
$100 face value in halves - $140 plus S/H
2013 Mint set - Face value $13.82- $28 plus S/H

iontyre

Mar 1, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They also apparently minted WAY more halves in 2013 for some reason... more than twice the previous year according to the new 2015 Red Book.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread