mercury1

Bronze Member
Mar 9, 2012
New York
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi all, merc here. Well I recently opened a new account and had them order me a couple boxes of halves. I did this at three branches over two weeks. One said they could get them but then when I checked they said, oh sorry, we can't get them. At another branch, when I picked up, they said they couldn't order anymore. At the last branch, I picked up with no problems but now this week they are saying they aren't allowed to order anymore. Next week I start dumping.

Upvote 0

Iamrussell

Bronze Member
Mar 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well that sux you found and lost pickups so fast and yet now have your dumps avail

-------------------------------------
just keep stacking, just keep stacking, stacking stacking stacking

OP
OP
mercury1

mercury1

Bronze Member
Mar 9, 2012
New York
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yup. At least one branch has a coin counter. They will get to know me real well. Lol

penzfan

Bronze Member
Apr 12, 2014
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 - Excal 1000 - Excal II - Sovereign GT - RTG/Oleg Scoops - XPointer
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
My local BOA will order as many boxes as I need with no issues.

ArkieBassMan

Silver Member
Dec 17, 2009
AR
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good luck. Just keep in mind that they can cut you off from dumping just as easily as they put a stop to your box ordering.

OP
OP
mercury1

mercury1

Bronze Member
Mar 9, 2012
New York
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Good luck. Just keep in mind that they can cut you off from dumping just as easily as they put a stop to your box ordering.

Yes, very true but I can close the account faster than I opened it. Not worried about it really as they are a pretty crappy bank.

Omega

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2013
SoCal
Primary Interest:
Other
Yes, very true but I can close the account faster than I opened it. Not worried about it really as they are a pretty crappy bank.

The post got deleted (the mods don't like me :p), but I recently lost a dump bank, my only large dump bank, that was getting over 10k in bagged halves a week. Why?? Because last year, over, 4 or 5 months ago, I ordered boxes from one of there branches down town, and I live nowhere near down town, so it was a drive for me to pick them up. Just be careful, as banks are stupid, they hate us, and will do anything they can to stop us. Another friend of mine had US marshaled called on him. I posted an interview he did on here a few weeks ago. Now I'm just ranting, sorry. Goodluck.

fish on!

May 4, 2012
In the bank
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The post got deleted (the mods don't like me :p), but I recently lost a dump bank, my only large dump bank, that was getting over 10k in bagged halves a week. Why?? Because last year, over, 4 or 5 months ago, I ordered boxes from one of there branches down town, and I live nowhere near down town, so it was a drive for me to pick them up. Just be careful, as banks are stupid, they hate us, and will do anything they can to stop us. Another friend of mine had US marshaled called on him. I posted an interview he did on here a few weeks ago. Now I'm just ranting, sorry. Goodluck.

I don't want you to take this the wrong way but banks do not hate "us" as in all crh'ers. I have a lot of banks that will bend over backwards to do anything to help me. Being polite even when they are saying no to you can go a long way in this hobby. Acting entitled and throwing a fit when you don't get your way will get you nowhere.

Omega

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2013
SoCal
Primary Interest:
Other
I don't want you to take this the wrong way but banks do not hate "us" as in all crh'ers. I have a lot of banks that will bend over backwards to do anything to help me. Being polite even when they are saying no to you can go a long way in this hobby. Acting entitled and throwing a fit when you don't get your way will get you nowhere.

Don't get me wrong, your a respectable hunter, and I don't mean to but heads.

I also have banks that will do whatever I need. Get me 6k+ in halves when I want, take 10k in dumps of I want, etc.

So we all have branches that will do what we like, and don't mind us, but as soon as you get to the higher ups of the corporations, they hate us, because we cost them loads of money, no question about it.

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Very well said, a couple members in here, I won't mention names, have gone a bit too far by throwing a hissy fit because they think banks are their slaves. It's ultimately up to the bank, usually a certain teller, who decides when enough is enough.

A little advice to those who feel that they are entitled to coins. .. pigs get fat, hogs get slaughtered. Don't be that person to ruin it for others who are respectable to this hobby.
"it takes many months to build a relationship with a bank and 30 minutes to ruin it"...

Fish on! , the bottom half of this post isn't directed towards you. :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread