Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Member
Discoveries
 
Results 1 to 12 of 12
Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By boristhespider88
  • 4 Post By ArkieBassMan

Thread: "You can have them but I already took all the silver out"

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
  1. #1
    us
    Feb 2010
    Missouri
    2,562
    1573 times

    "You can have them but I already took all the silver out"

    Clink, clink, clink, CLANK, clink, CLANK, CLANK, clink....

    Ha ha ha ha!!!!!!

  2. #2
    us
    Mar 2014
    Maine
    soon
    380
    73 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by Twitch View Post
    Clink, clink, clink, CLANK, clink, CLANK, CLANK, clink...

    Ha ha ha ha!!!!!!
    40%?? Gotta love it

  3. #3
    us
    Feb 2008
    Great Lakes State
    dirtfishing
    10,659
    2534 times
    silver surfing
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    A crh'er walks in and dumps $430 worh of halves through the counter, and heads up front to get his cash. Newer teller says, "what did you just run through the counter?"

    "Halves" I replied. She says "we have customers asking for them all the time, wish I'd known before you dumped them all!"

  4. #4
    us
    Feb 2010
    Missouri
    2,562
    1573 times
    Quote Originally Posted by starkizzle View Post
    40%?? Gotta love it
    Beautiful bright white 40%ers.....

  5. #5

    May 2012
    1,947
    611 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Twitch View Post
    Beautiful bright white 40%ers.....
    How many?

    You can't leave us dangling with no pics!
    Infowarrior likes this.

  6. #6
    us
    Feb 2010
    Missouri
    2,562
    1573 times
    Just 4 40%ers and a chromed '73 that from across the counter I thought for a fleeting minute might be a modern silver proof that she missed. It wasn't a noteworthy find, I just find it humorous when a teller says "Yes we have halves", "but you won't find any silver because I personally have removed it all" and then you hear them clanking together as they're being counted out and are sure that they're going to be sniped right in front of you only to have the sniping teller hand them to you with no apparent idea of what's in her hand. On the flip side I'd love to know what she culled out.

  7. #7
    us
    Feb 2010
    Missouri
    2,562
    1573 times
    Oh, and I apologize for the suspense, I wasn't trying to make a 'hanging thread'.

  8. #8
    us
    Dec 2009
    AR
    Minelab E-Trac
    2,508
    1024 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    This happens more than you think. I literally have hundreds of silver halves in my stash from banks at which a teller told me I was wasting my time if I was looking for silver as they take it all.

    My favorite was when a teller was counting out the halves I had asked for. We both heard "CLANK!" as he was counting and he instantly snatched that one back up and gave it a good look-over. He didn't like what he saw apparently, and placed it back down and it clanked again. He picked it back up, looked at the edge and the date, only to shrug and add it to the stack. 1992-S silver proof, which I believe was my first modern silver proof from CRH.

  9. #9
    us
    E$

    Aug 2013
    SE USA
    AT PRO, Fisher F2
    739
    681 times
    Relic Hunting, Fossiling and CRHing
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by ArkieBassMan View Post
    My favorite was when a teller was counting out the halves I had asked for. We both heard "CLANK!" as he was counting and he instantly snatched that one back up and gave it a good look-over.
    if he had taken it i woulda said, hold up man, where's your manager!
    Oldest Coin: 1839-O Half-Dime

  10. #10
    us
    Dec 2009
    AR
    Minelab E-Trac
    2,508
    1024 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by Donneybrook View Post
    if he had taken it i woulda said, hold up man, where's your manager!
    I would have tried to guilt-trip him out of it, but thats as far as it would have went. As much as I wouldn't have liked it, I feel that when it comes right down to it, he has as much right to the coin as I do. This is also the only time I'll refuse to buy clad halves after a teller has gone to all the trouble of retrieving them for me. Otherwise I feel obligated to buy them all, regardless. But, if a teller cherry-picks in front of me, I'll refuse them if I know they're not silver.

  11. #11
    us
    Feb 2010
    Missouri
    2,562
    1573 times
    Quote Originally Posted by ArkieBassMan View Post
    This happens more than you think. I literally have hundreds of silver halves in my stash from banks at which a teller told me I was wasting my time if I was looking for silver as they take it all.

    My favorite was when a teller was counting out the halves I had asked for. We both heard "CLANK!" as he was counting and he instantly snatched that one back up and gave it a good look-over. He didn't like what he saw apparently, and placed it back down and it clanked again. He picked it back up, looked at the edge and the date, only to shrug and add it to the stack. 1992-S silver proof, which I believe was my first modern silver proof from CRH.
    That's a great story. One of my favorite all-time finds is an '02-S 90% proof. Got it from a teller tray and it got a 2nd look from the teller then he just handed it over.

    I found another 9 40%ers and a '64-D opening yesterday's boxes today.

  12. #12
    us
    cooper36

    Nov 2011
    east coast
    911
    194 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by Twitch View Post
    Just 4 40%ers and a chromed '73 that from across the counter I thought for a fleeting minute might be a modern silver proof that she missed. It wasn't a noteworthy find, I just find it humorous when a teller says "Yes we have halves", "but you won't find any silver because I personally have removed it all" and then you hear them clanking together as they're being counted out and are sure that they're going to be sniped right in front of you only to have the sniping teller hand them to you with no apparent idea of what's in her hand. On the flip side I'd love to know what she culled out.
    several dont fool with the 40% they keep the 90%, some tell me what they find.

 

 

Remove Ads

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 7
    Last Post: Apr 23, 2018, 08:07 PM
  2. Replies: 7
    Last Post: May 06, 2012, 08:11 AM
  3. Replies: 14
    Last Post: Oct 27, 2011, 09:49 PM
  4. Slim pickins today...silver "Roosie", "Buff", "wheaties" and "Yikes"!
    By lorraine in forum Beach and Shallow Water
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: Mar 15, 2011, 03:50 PM
  5. Replies: 1
    Last Post: May 12, 2007, 11:46 PM
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v4.3.0