Timing the Supply

fish on!

May 4, 2012
In the bank
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
With the lackluster boxes I have been getting since the beginning of the year, I started to notice an uptick in finds over the last couple of weeks. Since I wanted to up my finds a little I decided to order 40 boxes this past week instead of my usual 16. It certainly paid off pretty well. In total this week I searched 40 boxes of halves, 1 dime box, and 1 quarter box. All the boxes came in, got searched, and got dumped by yesterday.

Here are the results:

40% Kennedy's: 71 including a couple oddballs (1970 S in decent shape, 1976 silver business strike, 1976 silver proof)
1964's: 6
Franklins: 6
Walkers: 1
Mercury Dimes: 1

Not too bad. It was a lot of running around since I still had to work my full time job this weeks, so I'll probably wait a few weeks before I try this kind of volume again with my current setup.

Upvote 0

Infowarrior

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2012
Fema Region 3
Detector(s) used
NOX 800, Ace 250, Garret Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow thats awesome!

I did 22 boxes this week and only got a walker, and 3 40%ers...

I wish I could push for a higher volume than usual, but the banks wont let me :/

HH

baddbluff

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2011
vegas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
About $300 in silver for the week. Can't complain about that. Congrats!

OP
OP
F

fish on!

May 4, 2012
In the bank
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A better than 2 keeper per box average is really good, congrats on all the finds!

I'm happy as long as I'm finding something. Thanks. It's been an up and down year, but at least I haven't had a total skunk week yet.

OP
OP
F

fish on!

May 4, 2012
In the bank
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow thats awesome!

I did 22 boxes this week and only got a walker, and 3 40%ers...

I wish I could push for a higher volume than usual, but the banks wont let me :/

HH

That's rough. I'm sure it will pick up. Keep trying new banks. I see a lot of your dumps so I know you aren't too far away.....

OP
OP
F

fish on!

May 4, 2012
In the bank
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
About $300 in silver for the week. Can't complain about that. Congrats!
No complaints here. I'm exhausted, but already starting to plan for the next time that I can do a big volume week. The best thing I learned this week is that one of my regular weekly order banks didn't mind ordering me 12 boxes for the week as a special order. We will see if they will let me do that as my new regular weekly order. It would be awesome to order from only three banks and search 36 boxes a week.

OP
OP
F

fish on!

May 4, 2012
In the bank
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here's a pic of some of the finds. It doesn't include the stuff from Wednesday (34 silvers)

f.jpg

Alchemist

Feb 8, 2014
Badger State
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Platinum Pro w/11" coil, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 202, Garret ProPointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Zero

Bronze Member
Feb 20, 2013
Kentucky
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome number of boxes and great finds. I don't have the dumping infrastructure to pull off 40 boxes. When I do six boxes I just barely get them all dumped without getting cutoff.

You are no fish anymore.

CW3(ret) US Army

Jun 30, 2011
Downstate New York
Detector(s) used
White Spectra V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
With the lackluster boxes I have been getting since the beginning of the year, I started to notice an uptick in finds over the last couple of weeks. Since I wanted to up my finds a little I decided to order 40 boxes this past week instead of my usual 16. It certainly paid off pretty well. In total this week I searched 40 boxes of halves, 1 dime box, and 1 quarter box. All the boxes came in, got searched, and got dumped by yesterday.

Here are the results:

40% Kennedy's: 71 including a couple oddballs (1970 S in decent shape, 1976 silver business strike, 1976 silver proof)
1964's: 6
Franklins: 6
Walkers: 1
Mercury Dimes: 1

Not too bad. It was a lot of running around since I still had to work my full time job this weeks, so I'll probably wait a few weeks before I try this kind of volume again with my current setup.

:occasion14: Congrats on the great finds. That's a lot of work to get, go thru & than dump. What was the date of the walker & any mint mark? Same with the Franklins. As Rileyboy always said "it's still out there", all you have to do is find it.
HH
Gary

OP
OP
F

fish on!

May 4, 2012
In the bank
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome number of boxes and great finds. I don't have the dumping infrastructure to pull off 40 boxes. When I do six boxes I just barely get them all dumped without getting cutoff.

You are no fish anymore.

haha. I'm pretty lucky with my dumping setup. I can dump $4k per branch at my dump banks. They have good coin counters and are really cool about it.

OP
OP
F

fish on!

May 4, 2012
In the bank
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:occasion14: Congrats on the great finds. That's a lot of work to get, go thru & than dump. What was the date of the walker & any mint mark? Same with the Franklins. As Rileyboy always said "it's still out there", all you have to do is find it.
HH
Gary

Thanks. It felt like I had a second full time job last week. The walker was 1945 D (nothing special) and one Franklin was a 1948 and I think the rest were in the 60's.

OP
OP
F

fish on!

May 4, 2012
In the bank
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on nice week do you remember how many keepers were in best box?

Best box had 15 silvers and a reverse bicentennial silver proof ender. That was a first for me.
Best roll (from a different box) had three silvers one of which was the 1970 s

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread