Introducing myself and whats ahead.

ThePt78Gamer

Apr 28, 2014
Maine
Primary Interest:
Other
Hello fellow CRH'ers. Ive been a lurker (meaning I read the posts and threads of roll hunting but dont have an account) for about a month now and finally decided to make an account. Im hoping my young age wont be frowned upon as I know roll hunting isnt something a 20 year old commonly does. :dontknow: Anyway when I was younger I liked collecting wheat cents, though I only knew about them for the age factor and not about what a key date or error or any of the more advanced things were. Ive semi recently (just a few months now) gotten back into coin collecting though on an obviously better scale than when I was younger. My register job at walmart reminded me of the days as a kid collecting wheats and so, a roll hunter was "born" I guess you could say. :icon_thumleft: Im called odd and that I have "an obsession with coins" by some but Its a really addictive and passionate hobby of mine now. Im hardly in this for money (though finding a coin worth several hundred or thousand dollars would be cool right?) and more into it for the cool factor and the oh so sweet rush of seeing that white edge when doing dimes or halves. And so again I say, Hello everyone, and happy hunting to all other roll hunters out there. Ive yet to meet anyone that is a collector in person.

Upvote 0

starkizzle

Mar 9, 2014
Maine
Detector(s) used
soon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I knew when I saw mechanics savings bank that you are in my neck of the woods.... be careful not to get my dumps.. I dump hard at TD

Local_coins

Nov 24, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I started myself around 21-22. Welcome and here's to finding white edges!

Sent from my iPhone using TreasureNet

Dozer D

Silver Member
Feb 12, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
No one is ever TOO YOUNG to get into this hobby. The earlier the better, so later on you would be kicking yourself for not doing it, coulda, woulda, shoulda.

OP
OP
ThePt78Gamer

ThePt78Gamer

Apr 28, 2014
Maine
Primary Interest:
Other
I knew when I saw mechanics savings bank that you are in my neck of the woods.... be careful not to get my dumps.. I dump hard at TD

Cool! So there is someone in my area. I bet youre the one who dumped off 1000$ in halves on them ehehe. I reroll halves and dont dump them in the counter so if you see any with a circle triangle square pattern in permanent marker I went through them. I keep 70' and before, I check 74 D for the doubling, and I DO NOT keep 2002-2014 so if youre aiming for NIFC then my rolls may have some. Yeah Mechanic savings near Irving on Main street in lewiston is where I pick up my boxes usually. They also order my halves as no other place Ive found will do so.

starkizzle

Mar 9, 2014
Maine
Detector(s) used
soon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool! So there is someone in my area. I bet youre the one who dumped off 1000$ in halves on them ehehe. I reroll halves and dont dump them in the counter so if you see any with a circle triangle square pattern in permanent marker I went through them. I keep 70' and before, I check 74 D for the doubling, and I DO NOT keep 2002-2014 so if youre aiming for NIFC then my rolls may have some. Yeah Mechanic savings near Irving on Main street in lewiston is where I pick up my boxes usually. They also order my halves as no other place Ive found will do so.

i dont use the mechanics bank.. i thnk theyve always told me i needed to be a member.. theres more then just me, you get to know mr. "was just here" hes everywhere i go, but earlier lol, the big td in auburn i thnk is someones dump, and now my mine too, i have a spot to dump loose into a machine, and i try to re roll as much as possible, i have a CU account and they do the shared banking..

i will give you a hint... in that area there is a bank that a guy dumps halves at.. hes NOT a collector, he works for the fairs or something... i got some of his rolls, and they were pretty good. but FYI i am buying a house in lewiston and plan on hunting it more often, my main dump bank is in lewiston but im going to have find place to pick up boxes thier.. im interested in seeing your results, maybe we can meet up sometime and hunt together, in our neck of the woods their seems to be not shortage of banks, i havent even been in all the ones in L/A.. HH

OP
OP
ThePt78Gamer

ThePt78Gamer

Apr 28, 2014
Maine
Primary Interest:
Other
i dont use the mechanics bank.. i thnk theyve always told me i needed to be a member.. theres more then just me, you get to know mr. "was just here" hes everywhere i go, but earlier lol, the big td in auburn i thnk is someones dump, and now my mine too, i have a spot to dump loose into a machine, and i try to re roll as much as possible, i have a CU account and they do the shared banking..

i will give you a hint... in that area there is a bank that a guy dumps halves at.. hes NOT a collector, he works for the fairs or something... i got some of his rolls, and they were pretty good. but FYI i am buying a house in lewiston and plan on hunting it more often, my main dump bank is in lewiston but im going to have find place to pick up boxes thier.. im interested in seeing your results, maybe we can meet up sometime and hunt together, in our neck of the woods their seems to be not shortage of banks, i havent even been in all the ones in L/A.. HH

I just posted a new thread entitled "todays results". I use Mechanic savings as a pickup bank only and they order me halves. I dump at TD, and ask for loose half rolls when I get the chance. Besides the 2 full boxes that got dumped on them and like 80$ of my own theyve tried giving me twice, they dont have any other ones that I know of. The first time I ever did halves in my life, I picked up 60$ in CWR of halves from the Aubrun TD and scored 2 1964 Kens, 3 40%ers, and a 63' Ben. I thought it would be like that every time I picked up halves, and boy was I wrong ahaha. What may help you to know, is using the smaller TD on the other side of the bridge near zimmies would be good for me, since the guy at the that TD searches the halves, hence why I try and get rid of them there and wont "clog up" the bigger TD with Searched half rolls. Either that or make a marking of some sort on your rerolled halves so I know not to buy them after I get my money after dumping.

starkizzle

Mar 9, 2014
Maine
Detector(s) used
soon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just posted a new thread entitled "todays results". I use Mechanic savings as a pickup bank only and they order me halves. I dump at TD, and ask for loose half rolls when I get the chance. Besides the 2 full boxes that got dumped on them and like 80$ of my own theyve tried giving me twice, they dont have any other ones that I know of. The first time I ever did halves in my life, I picked up 60$ in CWR of halves from the Aubrun TD and scored 2 1964 Kens, 3 40%ers, and a 63' Ben. I thought it would be like that every time I picked up halves, and boy was I wrong ahaha. What may help you to know, is using the smaller TD on the other side of the bridge near zimmies would be good for me, since the guy at the that TD searches the halves, hence why I try and get rid of them there and wont "clog up" the bigger TD with Searched half rolls. Either that or make a marking of some sort on your rerolled halves so I know not to buy them after I get my money after dumping.

the one on sabatus st? with the lady with the accent? they get dumped on too, i usually ask for there loose stuff.. she always says "you wont find any silver".. ive pulled silver from there trays lol

OP
OP
ThePt78Gamer

ThePt78Gamer

Apr 28, 2014
Maine
Primary Interest:
Other
the one on sabatus st? with the lady with the accent? they get dumped on too, i usually ask for there loose stuff.. she always says "you wont find any silver".. ive pulled silver from there trays lol
Nah the smaller TD bank near DHS rght across the big bridge that leads to the bigger dumping TD. Ive found 3 40%ers in my time asking for the loose halves that arent in rolls.

starkizzle

Mar 9, 2014
Maine
Detector(s) used
soon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nah the smaller TD bank near DHS rght across the big bridge that leads to the bigger dumping TD. Ive found 3 40%ers in my time asking for the loose halves that arent in rolls.

thats good man, i dont want to get in your way.. i also dont want either of us wasting time on each others tailings..

on a side note... ive noticed, on pretty much every roll ive gotten of halves that the "Y" in liberty has had a sharpie mark on them.. on like allloott of them, the first few times i thought it looked familiar and that i was starting to get my dumps back, until i noticed two coins had it in the same roll, its someones markings, it has to be, but theirs soo many.. let me know if you notice this, i believe you will

OP
OP
ThePt78Gamer

ThePt78Gamer

Apr 28, 2014
Maine
Primary Interest:
Other
thats good man, i dont want to get in your way.. i also dont want either of us wasting time on each others tailings..

on a side note... ive noticed, on pretty much every roll ive gotten of halves that the "Y" in liberty has had a sharpie mark on them.. on like allloott of them, the first few times i thought it looked familiar and that i was starting to get my dumps back, until i noticed two coins had it in the same roll, its someones markings, it has to be, but theirs soo many.. let me know if you notice this, i believe you will

Ill keep an eye out. What I was saying though is try and use the smaller TD that I mentioned as a dump bank for half rolls, since the guy there goes through them. I would like the big TD we both dump in the machine at to be free of clogged rolls, though I would also like to know whoever this preson who gave them 1000$ in halves is. They said that the wife of a man who roll hunts came in and told them thats how she got them. I have good luck with the brinks rolls of nickels that I get, well at least I used to. My last 3 boxes of nickels have only had one really worn 1943 P war nick, and no buffaloes. I managed a 1938 D Jefferson but thats it. Good luck to you, maybe youll see me with my big cooking pot full of dimes and nickels sometime at TD dumping. I tend to dump in the afternoon as most of my shifts as cashier start then. I just recently started my cents seperate than anything else so the machine doesnt count any dimes as pennies. I lost a good 12$ dumping at that TD not too long ago and there was nothing they said they could do.

starkizzle

Mar 9, 2014
Maine
Detector(s) used
soon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ill keep an eye out. What I was saying though is try and use the smaller TD that I mentioned as a dump bank for half rolls, since the guy there goes through them. I would like the big TD we both dump in the machine at to be free of clogged rolls, though I would also like to know whoever this preson who gave them 1000$ in halves is. They said that the wife of a man who roll hunts came in and told them thats how she got them. I have good luck with the brinks rolls of nickels that I get, well at least I used to. My last 3 boxes of nickels have only had one really worn 1943 P war nick, and no buffaloes. I managed a 1938 D Jefferson but thats it. Good luck to you, maybe youll see me with my big cooking pot full of dimes and nickels sometime at TD dumping. I tend to dump in the afternoon as most of my shifts as cashier start then. I just recently started my cents seperate than anything else so the machine doesnt count any dimes as pennies. I lost a good 12$ dumping at that TD not too long ago and there was nothing they said they could do.

oook i hear you, i dont use their machines, and rarely actually dump at either, their on my list as "available" because i know others dump there so i wont take anything more then whats in the trays.. ve had similer happen with the dimes as pennys at a different bank tho

OP
OP
ThePt78Gamer

ThePt78Gamer

Apr 28, 2014
Maine
Primary Interest:
Other
oook i hear you, i dont use their machines, and rarely actually dump at either, their on my list as "available" because i know others dump there so i wont take anything more then whats in the trays.. ve had similer happen with the dimes as pennys at a different bank tho
They told me everything goes to the fed to get rolled and returned. I picked up a box of cents from them today and had average luck. Your routines and methods are up to you. Good luck to you no matter what you search.

mercury1

Bronze Member
Mar 9, 2012
New York
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Welcome pt78. I like your intro thread. Most of us on here can totally relate to your enthusiasm for the hunt and the thrill of the find. I wish I had been knowledgable about CRH when I was 20. I'd have more silver than I could pick up by now.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread