Introducing myself and whats ahead.

ThePt78Gamer

Apr 28, 2014
Maine
Primary Interest:
Other
Hello fellow CRH'ers. Ive been a lurker (meaning I read the posts and threads of roll hunting but dont have an account) for about a month now and finally decided to make an account. Im hoping my young age wont be frowned upon as I know roll hunting isnt something a 20 year old commonly does. :dontknow: Anyway when I was younger I liked collecting wheat cents, though I only knew about them for the age factor and not about what a key date or error or any of the more advanced things were. Ive semi recently (just a few months now) gotten back into coin collecting though on an obviously better scale than when I was younger. My register job at walmart reminded me of the days as a kid collecting wheats and so, a roll hunter was "born" I guess you could say. :icon_thumleft: Im called odd and that I have "an obsession with coins" by some but Its a really addictive and passionate hobby of mine now. Im hardly in this for money (though finding a coin worth several hundred or thousand dollars would be cool right?) and more into it for the cool factor and the oh so sweet rush of seeing that white edge when doing dimes or halves. And so again I say, Hello everyone, and happy hunting to all other roll hunters out there. Ive yet to meet anyone that is a collector in person.

Upvote 0

starkizzle

Mar 9, 2014
Maine
Detector(s) used
soon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to the madness!! I've heard the "O" word a few times myself. Don't let the age thing get to you. I'm only 26, but if your smart enough to see the gains in this at young age then i think that means your ahead of the game.plus it is a exciting hobby! Il be interested in hearing you finds ffrom wally world! Welcome again and happy hunting!

agme

Feb 4, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to the madness! Keep us posted on how you do.
Good Luck!

Iamrussell

Bronze Member
Mar 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wish I wouldve started at 20- dang I wish i wouldve started at 30 lol
Please read the beginners section in the stickies section up top (if you havent already)

-------------------------------------
just keep stacking, just keep stacking, stacking stacking stacking

CW3(ret) US Army

Jun 30, 2011
Downstate New York
Detector(s) used
White Spectra V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello fellow CRH'ers. Ive been a lurker (meaning I read the posts and threads of roll hunting but dont have an account) for about a month now and finally decided to make an account. Im hoping my young age wont be frowned upon as I know roll hunting isnt something a 20 year old commonly does. :dontknow: Anyway when I was younger I liked collecting wheat cents, though I only knew about them for the age factor and not about what a key date or error or any of the more advanced things were. Ive semi recently (just a few months now) gotten back into coin collecting though on an obviously better scale than when I was younger. My register job at walmart reminded me of the days as a kid collecting wheats and so, a roll hunter was "born" I guess you could say. :icon_thumleft: Im called odd and that I have "an obsession with coins" by some but Its a really addictive and passionate hobby of mine now. Im hardly in this for money (though finding a coin worth several hundred or thousand dollars would be cool right?) and more into it for the cool factor and the oh so sweet rush of seeing that white edge when doing dimes or halves. And so again I say, Hello everyone, and happy hunting to all other roll hunters out there. Ive yet to meet anyone that is a collector in person.

:hello: Welcome to TNET & the hobby/obsession. There's nothing wrong with a 20 year old doing this. Having a hobby & getting enjoyment from it is a great thing to have going for you these hectic days. People have so little time for relaxation. I had started coin collecting in my early teens & than stopped when I went into the Army. I restarted it doing coin roll hunting (crh) at 61. At the top of the page are stickies which have a lot of information in them. You should read them. Also don't be afraid to ask questions. Some people on the site will give you a hard time but most of us will try & answer them to the best of our knowledge & there is a lot of knowledgeable people on the site.
HH
Gary

Hunter612

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2013
Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 400
Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to Treasurenet! As stated above there is nothing wrong with starting at 20. I started in 2013 when I was 14 and this June I will be 16. I also started out saving wheat cents or anything that looked different or old. I will be looking forward to your posts. Happy hunting!

Infowarrior

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2012
Fema Region 3
Detector(s) used
NOX 800, Ace 250, Garret Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wish I did it when I was 20! haha

Welcome to the forums

Rascal

Feb 5, 2012
Western Arizona
Detector(s) used
Number 1 Mark II Eyeball
Primary Interest:
Other
Greetings, young Padawan. You seem to be strong in the Force.

Rascal

Rustystcloud

Oct 9, 2013
Primary Interest:
Other
Welcome.... It will be fun and exciting to see your finds. This is a fun hobby with great rewards but also very frustrating at times. Sounds like your smart and have a game plan so welcome to the madness

Yawnie88

Greenie
Mar 31, 2013
MINNESOTA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome I started out when I was around 12 saving old and odd looking coins and foreign coins. I am now in my 20's and love it. Fun hobby and to me it's better than spending money on going out and buying a few rounds of drinks.

Bryan V

Dec 13, 2009
Washington State
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab Monster 1000
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I am getting close to 50 and I just started CRH and collecting myself.
I am constantly thinking about what I could have accumulated by now if I would have started at your age.
Welcome and good luck!

7treefrog

Aug 4, 2012
Detector(s) used
White's, Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
14, my favorite part is watching the tellers expressions as i ask "Can i get $50 in nickels?"

georgia boy

Feb 4, 2014
Georgia
Detector(s) used
fisher f2, at pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm only 13 so your not the youngest. Good luck and happy hunting!

OP
OP
ThePt78Gamer

ThePt78Gamer

Apr 28, 2014
Maine
Primary Interest:
Other
Welcome man, I'm only 21. What are you mainly searching?
Pretty much everything but Quarters. By that I mean cents, nickels, dimes, and halves. I only do quarter rolls when I get them at my register and havent found any silver but I keep the biccentennials. When my CRH funds increase after saving more and more every paycheck, Ill start doing quarters just so I can say I found 1 lol. I do half boxes that Mechanic savings (the only bank Ive found that orders them though I havent looked beyond TD and Five county credit union and key bank) orders me but I can only do them sections at a time. like 200$ here, dump at a TD the next day, go back and finish the rest etc.

barneyb71

Mar 6, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WOW, so many young people doing this. I too saved coins when I was younger. My first job at a grocery store, I would buy up all the halves at night or end of week. I had $1,000 saved up, never even knew about silver ones back then. Of course life, I mean beer made me take them to the bank and cash them in. I also collected sport cards in the 80's, now worthless for the most part. I got into CRH this year in hopes of saving some money, or silver. Take it from a 42 year old, save now while you can because before you know it, you'll have kids, bills, no money or time do it. AND for you young collectors, stay away from the booze and drugs because that stuff gives you no money to buy rolls. Good luck, hope you have fun.

texasred777

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2013
Mountain Home, Idaho
Detector(s) used
BH Lone Star, BH Tracker IV, BH Tracker 2-D/707, Harbor Freight MD-3005, and 2 BH 840
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Welcome aboard. Yes, I wish I had started at an early age! I'll soon be 72 years old. I can remember being given silver dollars by my uncles when I was just a young boy of about 2 years old. Gee, I grew up while some of the most valuable coins were still in common circulation! Oh well, wishful thinking. Again, welcome aboard and hope you have great luck! Red

OP
OP
ThePt78Gamer

ThePt78Gamer

Apr 28, 2014
Maine
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks. 2 brinks boxes of dimes and nothing. Then picked up like 45$ in paper bank rolled wraps and got my first ever silver canadian. 1968. Its not magnetic. I know what Im doing eheh. :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread