Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Introducing myself and whats ahead.

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Apr 2014
    Maine
    75 times
    Coin Roll Hunting

Introducing myself and whats ahead.

Hello fellow CRH'ers. Ive been a lurker (meaning I read the posts and threads of roll hunting but dont have an account) for about a month now and finally decided to make an account. Im hoping my young age wont be frowned upon as I know roll hunting isnt something a 20 year old commonly does. Anyway when I was younger I liked collecting wheat cents, though I only knew about them for the age factor and not about what a key date or error or any of the more advanced things were. Ive semi recently (just a few months now) gotten back into coin collecting though on an obviously better scale than when I was younger. My register job at walmart reminded me of the days as a kid collecting wheats and so, a roll hunter was "born" I guess you could say. Im called odd and that I have "an obsession with coins" by some but Its a really addictive and passionate hobby of mine now. Im hardly in this for money (though finding a coin worth several hundred or thousand dollars would be cool right?) and more into it for the cool factor and the oh so sweet rush of seeing that white edge when doing dimes or halves. And so again I say, Hello everyone, and happy hunting to all other roll hunters out there. Ive yet to meet anyone that is a collector in person.
    Infowarrior and Joe777Cool like this.

Mar 2014
    Chicago suburbs
    5 times
    Welcome man, I'm only 21. What are you mainly searching?

us
    Mar 2014
    Maine
    soon
    73 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Welcome to the madness!! I've heard the "O" word a few times myself. Don't let the age thing get to you. I'm only 26, but if your smart enough to see the gains in this at young age then i think that means your ahead of the game.plus it is a exciting hobby! Il be interested in hearing you finds ffrom wally world! Welcome again and happy hunting!

us
    Feb 2012
    219 times
    Welcome to the madness! Keep us posted on how you do.
    Good Luck!
    I don't always pull silver from boxes, but when I do, I prefer 90%ers.

Mar 2013
    698 times
    I wish I wouldve started at 20- dang I wish i wouldve started at 30 lol
    Please read the beginners section in the stickies section up top (if you havent already)

-------------------------------------
    just keep stacking, just keep stacking, stacking stacking stacking

us
    Jun 2011
    Downstate New York
    White Spectra V3i
    432 times
    Quote Originally Posted by ThePt78Gamer View Post
    Hello fellow CRH'ers. Ive been a lurker (meaning I read the posts and threads of roll hunting but dont have an account) for about a month now and finally decided to make an account. Im hoping my young age wont be frowned upon as I know roll hunting isnt something a 20 year old commonly does. Anyway when I was younger I liked collecting wheat cents, though I only knew about them for the age factor and not about what a key date or error or any of the more advanced things were. Ive semi recently (just a few months now) gotten back into coin collecting though on an obviously better scale than when I was younger. My register job at walmart reminded me of the days as a kid collecting wheats and so, a roll hunter was "born" I guess you could say. Im called odd and that I have "an obsession with coins" by some but Its a really addictive and passionate hobby of mine now. Im hardly in this for money (though finding a coin worth several hundred or thousand dollars would be cool right?) and more into it for the cool factor and the oh so sweet rush of seeing that white edge when doing dimes or halves. And so again I say, Hello everyone, and happy hunting to all other roll hunters out there. Ive yet to meet anyone that is a collector in person.
    Welcome to TNET & the hobby/obsession. There's nothing wrong with a 20 year old doing this. Having a hobby & getting enjoyment from it is a great thing to have going for you these hectic days. People have so little time for relaxation. I had started coin collecting in my early teens & than stopped when I went into the Army. I restarted it doing coin roll hunting (crh) at 61. At the top of the page are stickies which have a lot of information in them. You should read them. Also don't be afraid to ask questions. Some people on the site will give you a hard time but most of us will try & answer them to the best of our knowledge & there is a lot of knowledgeable people on the site.
    HH
    Gary

us
    Mar 2013
    Tennessee
    Garrett Ace 400 Garrett Pro-Pointer
    217 times
    Welcome to Treasurenet! As stated above there is nothing wrong with starting at 20. I started in 2013 when I was 14 and this June I will be 16. I also started out saving wheat cents or anything that looked different or old. I will be looking forward to your posts. Happy hunting!

Expert CRH'er/ Newb Dirt Fisherman

Oct 2012
    Fema Region 3
    NOX 800, Ace 250, Garret Carrot
    817 times
    I wish I did it when I was 20! haha

Welcome to the forums
    “Truth is treason in the empire of lies.” - Ron Paul

us
    Feb 2012
    Western Arizona
    Number 1 Mark II Eyeball
    87 times
    Anything coin
    Greetings, young Padawan. You seem to be strong in the Force.

Rascal

Oct 2013
    113 times
    AG
    Welcome.... It will be fun and exciting to see your finds. This is a fun hobby with great rewards but also very frustrating at times. Sounds like your smart and have a game plan so welcome to the madness
    Edge check, sound check, back to the bank

us
    Apr 2012
    East Coast
    127 times
    US Coins
    Welcome! Good luck in your hunts! Hopefully you'll hit more silver.
    Totals:
    Amount Searched as of 05/7/13 - $24,087.50

90% Kennedy - x15
    40% Kennedy - x44
    Franklin - x10
    Walker - x6
    Roosevelt - x38
    Mercury - x3
    War Nickel - x4
    Buffalo Nickel - x4

= 1 New CRH Find

us
    Mar 2013
    MINNESOTA
    4 times
    Welcome I started out when I was around 12 saving old and odd looking coins and foreign coins. I am now in my 20's and love it. Fun hobby and to me it's better than spending money on going out and buying a few rounds of drinks.

us
    Dec 2009
    Washington State
    Minelab Equinox 800 Minelab Monster 1000
    16 times
    Metal Detecting
    I am getting close to 50 and I just started CRH and collecting myself.
    I am constantly thinking about what I could have accumulated by now if I would have started at your age.
    Welcome and good luck!

us
    Jul 2013
    SoCal
    305 times
    Garage Sales/ CRH
    I'm 18. This is a huge game, welcome to it, good luck.
    You're never know it all... Keep an open mind and keep learning.

eBay Store: http://stores.ebay.com/jewelryandwatchoutlet

^ Putting myself through college, wish me luck

Aug 2012
    White's, Coinmaster
    13 times
    14, my favorite part is watching the tellers expressions as i ask "Can i get $50 in nickels?"
    Infowarrior likes this.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links