Preference?

usernameerror

Apr 30, 2012
East Coast
Primary Interest:
Other
In my experience credit unions don't carry much rolled coin. At least in my area.m they don't. I use them for dumping.

OP
OP
Yawnie88

Yawnie88

Greenie
Mar 31, 2013
MINNESOTA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went to a big bank and they said they were charging 5 per box of coins. I than went to small credit union and they didn't charge me. Maybe it has to do with the size of a place or how hungry they are for fees and money. Lol

Omega

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2013
SoCal
Primary Interest:
Other
Big Banks don't notice us "small fish" as easily as the smaller banks and CU do.

CW3(ret) US Army

Jun 30, 2011
Downstate New York
Detector(s) used
White Spectra V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Does anyone have a prefrence when it comes to big banks or credit unions for CRH?

:coffee2: I have no preference when it comes to crh. I'll go to any financial institution looking for coins. They're all fair game in my book in the quest for silver coins. I always ask for loose or rolled coins. The worst that anyone can say is no.
HH
Gary

Last edited:

barneyb71

Mar 6, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Most credit unions rely on members bringing in rolled coins. The one I belong to has to be completely out of a coin to order it in. They won't even order halves in. I want to say that most banks order coins in, unless it is a small branch, then they to rely on customer rolls. Some of the banks now ask me if I have an account there, otherwise they can't help me. They say that even buying halves is something they do just for their customers. Sometimes they will sell me some rolls and other times nothing. Credit Unions are even less likely to help me. I'm not a pushy person so I just tell them thanks and have a nice day. Dumping is even harder to do for me because I won't use machines. Most of the time my credit union is my dump, 1 is for halves, 1 is for all other change, both are close to home and they are all over the state I live in.

silverdollarbill

Aug 27, 2012
Dirty Jerz
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Outlaw
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I my experience credit union people are really friendly. Become friends with them and they will order you boxes. I would not dump at a CU unless they have a self-service coin counter.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread