The story of a very rude teller.

ThePt78Gamer

Apr 28, 2014
Maine
Primary Interest:
Other
This morning I went to TD and dumped about 190$ in nickels and dimes, and around 36$ I believe in cents. (I dump cents seperate than anything else so the machine does not count dimes as cents. Lost 12$ once and I like dumping this way now. Havent had a problem since) I got my exchange dollar bills and left. I then went to Androscoggin Bank and asked about ordering halves if I became a customer but pretty much got told they would only do it for businesses but they were polite at least. I then picked up a box of dimes from my main pick up bank and found nothing, (they didnt have my halves yet either by the way, thats why I got dimes instead of 20 rolls of halves. I dont have 500$ to shell out on a full box quite yet but will soon) so I went back to TD on the way to work and gave them 46 rolls of dimes. (The box wasnt short, I just only had 230$ to spend at my pickup bank so they got a full sealed box from the vault and took out 4 rolls and gave me the rest, but I checked them so it counts as searching a full box) Me and the teller were laughing a bit and shes kinda cute I may add. All of a sudden a hear a decent amount of halves being dumped a few "windows" down from me (loose ones, not in rolls). I ask another teller near the one Im dumping these coins off at if hes getting rid of halves and she replies with something along the lines of "We are not inclined to tell you any of that sort of information." To which I rebuttle by saying "I heard them I believe those were halves" in a sort of goofy playful way to alleviate the tension I could feel in her tone. She then said I can guess all I want or something like that. I finish up my transaction and get my 230$ back for the dimes, and ask for 35 rolls of Machine wrapped paper rolls of dimes. Rude teller says something like this cannot be done as a full box has to be purchased from the vault which I dont believe is true. I ask if I can buy the halves the man just gave them and I get told simply no. I ask for a box of pennies, I get told no. Then I ask her if they were low on coin or something and she said something along the lines of "I cant really give an explanation its just a no". She was very rude in all of her replies and I believe she is trying to ward me off as a dumper at that bank. Everyone else there is friendly and Ive never had a problem with anyone. I dont dump extreme amounts (Maybe 4 or 5 boxes of cents/nickels a WEEK combined with some dimes here and there) there, and I know you arent supposed to pick up where you dump, but I rarely pick up from them, maybe 2 boxes of cents and a few dozen rolls of dimes since opening the account a few months ago. Thought Id share with you guys. This lady was unneccisarilly harsh, and when I told the story to the credit union at work, she said she would have filed a complaint to a higher power there. Long read guys, I am sorry. Also, what would you have done in my situation??

Upvote 0

enamel7

Gold Member
Apr 16, 2005
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When they cut you off it will be for everything, not just dumping. They won't sell to you either.

OP
OP
ThePt78Gamer

ThePt78Gamer

Apr 28, 2014
Maine
Primary Interest:
Other
Wow. That is all I can say. All our a advice has fallen on deaf ears. Sounds like you plan to keep dumping multiple times a week at the same bank you pick up. You will be run out of this hobby so quickly it'll make your head spin. Sad part is you don't care who you might take down with you...

Today I found out there is a bank with a coin counter that is a little bit closer to home. If I become a member to this place I can have 2 dump banks (this TD and Rainbox whatever it is) and go back and forth between them. (Dump at bank A one day, few days later dump at bank B, few days later dump at bank A rinse and repeat what have you) Ive acknowledged everything all of you have said. Remember, in my entire few months of dumping there Ive picked up maybe 3 times, and returned the coins. Every other time I dumped and then picked up more coins from the same bank, they were halves, or clear plastic rolls of dimes that dont need to be opened, so I gave them to other places. And as I also said, I get along greatly with everyone there, and will remember not to make the same mistakes twice. From now on at this place, I plan on minding my own business, remaining polite and easy to talk to, (which I am! Im funny as hell at work and with friends and quite a goofy guy that laughs a lot at his own jokes Ill admit. Not extremely Immature, just a HUGE sense of humor) and not picking up anything from there that I intend to bring back.

jimmyforgotten

Feb 15, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In my eyes, it was not the teller that was being rude. It is also quite rude to completely waste the time of some very wise & experienced members on this board by asking for their advise, and to completely dismiss it. I read some great stories & advise that took these guys some time to post. It's frustrates me to see it wasted.

Your self-awareness and overall social skills need some refining stud, or crhing isn't the only thing in life you are going to have problems with.

It's humbling to admit this, but you remind me of myself at a very young age. I wish I would have "woke up" about 10 years before I did. Hope you do better with it than I.

JF

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In my eyes, it was not the teller that was being rude. It is also quite rude to completely waste the time of some very wise & experienced members on this board by asking for their advise, and to completely dismiss it. I read some great stories & advise that took these guys some time to post. It's frustrates me to see it wasted. Your self-awareness and overall social skills need some refining stud, or crhing isn't the only thing in life you are going to have problems with. It's humbling to admit this, but you remind me of myself at a very young age. I wish I would have "woke up" about 10 years before I did. Hope you do better with it than I. JF

Very wise advice! I think the same thing every 10 years when I reflect back through the years! (44 now)

starkizzle

Mar 9, 2014
Maine
Detector(s) used
soon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
there is more then 1 TD Bank i that area... i know because i stop at them all, and from what ive seen they all seem to be someones dump bank (halfs) and one has a teller who is wise to the CRHers.. although i dont think she hunts, not the nicest lady, but not really mean either, she told me i wouldnt find any silver, but i told her i was also looking for proofs, and i told her what they were and she actually went thru about half of what she was handing me ( i dont think she should of kept them, i think she was curious) as she sold them to me.. and i have in fact pulled 2 from a tray in that bank, so it is always up in the air.

my point here being their are more options, and rerolling should be a option for you, especially because you are doing smaller amounts, just ask for some wraps whenever your in the bank, i have alot saved up, and try to reroll alot of my halfs, to take some strain off my coin counter, and when you have just a couple hundred in rolled halfs, most banks will take them, member or not ( the mainstream banks), just do me a favor and mark them so i dont get them!!

Joe777Cool

Bronze Member
Feb 6, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If there are multiple td banks in the area why on earth would anyone reroll?

starkizzle

Mar 9, 2014
Maine
Detector(s) used
soon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If there are multiple td banks in the area why on earth would anyone reroll?
right

I dont have a account, so i dont use the penny arcade... i was just offering up a suggestion, i hunt the area, and like a friendly atmosphere around town, but your right, if you can use the machines then you can just dump at different ones.

for me, and being that the dump bank i mainly use is only used by me, try not to bring in more then 3-400 at a time, i have the bank roll to not need to hurry up cash out every week, so i can split it up.

For someone who is doing less then 500$ a week or so, and not at one time, rerolling 200$ in halfs isnt that big a deal, IF you dont want to push your luck at YOUR ONLY dump bank, then you could go to other banks in the area and just cash out, no account usually doesn't matter at most the banks, if your polite and friendly, i know this like i said because ive been to allll of the banks in the area hes talking about.

If i could just use the penny arcade at the multible branchs i would just do that vs. rerolling any lol. i reroll maybe 250 a week, my dump bank is out of the way, so i only go to it if i have business in the area, and with my work scheduled i only have a couple days im around during bank hours, so if i reroll a couple hundred i can just take it the local TD in my town, which im not a member, and they take it every time. This gives me a little $$ for when im running errands with the wife and i get her to stop by a bank. i also have a real good relationship with another bank in my town that im not a member at and have dropped 1000s of rerolled at, they dont even bat an eye, great girls, ive switched to the td for the time being to let them clear out their vault lol

OP
OP
ThePt78Gamer

ThePt78Gamer

Apr 28, 2014
Maine
Primary Interest:
Other
In my eyes, it was not the teller that was being rude. It is also quite rude to completely waste the time of some very wise & experienced members on this board by asking for their advise, and to completely dismiss it. I read some great stories & advise that took these guys some time to post. It's frustrates me to see it wasted.

Your self-awareness and overall social skills need some refining stud, or crhing isn't the only thing in life you are going to have problems with.

It's humbling to admit this, but you remind me of myself at a very young age. I wish I would have "woke up" about 10 years before I did. Hope you do better with it than I.

JF

If finding another dump bank (which I have done now) to lighten the number of times I dump at TD, not picking up anything there that gets brought back, and minding my own business and remaining polite to whoever is waiting on me isnt taking advice, then what is?

OP
OP
ThePt78Gamer

ThePt78Gamer

Apr 28, 2014
Maine
Primary Interest:
Other
right

I dont have a account, so i dont use the penny arcade... i was just offering up a suggestion, i hunt the area, and like a friendly atmosphere around town, but your right, if you can use the machines then you can just dump at different ones.

for me, and being that the dump bank i mainly use is only used by me, try not to bring in more then 3-400 at a time, i have the bank roll to not need to hurry up cash out every week, so i can split it up.

For someone who is doing less then 500$ a week or so, and not at one time, rerolling 200$ in halfs isnt that big a deal, IF you dont want to push your luck at YOUR ONLY dump bank, then you could go to other banks in the area and just cash out, no account usually doesn't matter at most the banks, if your polite and friendly, i know this like i said because ive been to allll of the banks in the area hes talking about.

If i could just use the penny arcade at the multible branchs i would just do that vs. rerolling any lol. i reroll maybe 250 a week, my dump bank is out of the way, so i only go to it if i have business in the area, and with my work scheduled i only have a couple days im around during bank hours, so if i reroll a couple hundred i can just take it the local TD in my town, which im not a member, and they take it every time. This gives me a little $$ for when im running errands with the wife and i get her to stop by a bank. i also have a real good relationship with another bank in my town that im not a member at and have dropped 1000s of rerolled at, they dont even bat an eye, great girls, ive switched to the td for the time being to let them clear out their vault lol

Remembering youre in my area always makes me wish I could run into sometime ahaha. Like Ive said once before, Ive never met another roll hunter in person so it would be a nice experience for me. Chatting up a bit with someone who appreciates coins besides the guy at the smaller TD near zimmies for a few minutes would be pretty darn cool IMO.

starkizzle

Mar 9, 2014
Maine
Detector(s) used
soon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i agree, my only time restraint seems to be however long my son is calm lol

danloop

Feb 16, 2014
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Unicorn Treasure Master Pro
Modes:
Dowsing
Pulse Induction
Multi-Frequency
Ground Penetrating Radar
Beat Frequency Oscillation
Aural Target Identification
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
1. I dont have an account with them

2. nor do I want to spend 25$ to open an account just to dump there once or twice a week.

3. Shes about my age and pregnant, pretty hot too but thats not what Im thinking about when doing coin related things

4. And then I left to mcdonalds and work.

I get it now. Trolling. the last thing about working at McDonald's was the kicker.

xrunndonex

Dec 4, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Skip tellers make friends with the vault manager then life shall be peachy

OP
OP
ThePt78Gamer

ThePt78Gamer

Apr 28, 2014
Maine
Primary Interest:
Other
I get it now. Trolling. the last thing about working at McDonald's was the kicker.

I picked food up at Mcdonalds in Auburn and then went to work. Im a cashier at walmart. When I do "todays results" threads I post my register finds. And the reason I dont want to open an account at Androscoggin county bank with the 25$ minimum balance is because Im strained for money as it is what with rent and a cell phone bill, and also the coin counter is on their side of the counter, which I would prefer to do my own dumping. Believe what you wish.

xrunndonex

Dec 4, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I picked food up at Mcdonalds in Auburn and then went to work. Im a cashier at walmart. When I do "todays results" threads I post my register finds. And the reason I dont want to open an account at Androscoggin county bank with the 25$ minimum balance is because Im strained for money as it is what with rent and a cell phone bill, and also the coin counter is on their side of the counter, which I would prefer to do my own dumping. Believe what you wish.

Get a second job or learn about eBay. I'm waiting for 300 hello kitty necklaces I bought for 85cents a piece. I'll sell them for $10 teehee. You seem like you know you're way around a browser. Find wholesalers there is a ton in Asia. Hell there are iPhone 5 cords for a cent if you buy enough.

OP
OP
ThePt78Gamer

ThePt78Gamer

Apr 28, 2014
Maine
Primary Interest:
Other
Get a second job or learn about eBay. I'm waiting for 300 hello kitty necklaces I bought for 85cents a piece. I'll sell them for $10 teehee. You seem like you know you're way around a browser. Find wholesalers there is a ton in Asia. Hell there are iPhone 5 cords for a cent if you buy enough.

Before I got into this hobby I played competitive Yugioh. I dumped hundreds of $$ into my decks and collection and plan on going to a shop soon to sell all of it for a lot less than what Its worth. Well over 1000$ in foil and meta cards, Im getting rid of it all for as little as 200$. I really want to up my volume (a full box of halves instead of sections of 20 rolls or less at a time, and possibly quarters someday so I can say I found 1 silver thats my goal) but Its quite difficult as Ive stated what with rent, cell bill, food, and some of my old games needing save battery repair. Ill get there. Just gotta work harder at saving. I can do it, I know I can.

xrunndonex

Dec 4, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yea I dumped money on car audio wanting to dump another 2k into we will see though

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread