Yesterday and Todays results. 5/4/2014 and 5/5/2014

ThePt78Gamer

Apr 28, 2014
Maine
Primary Interest:
Other
5/4/2014: Sunday, banks were closed. I worked though, and found 2 "pre 60" nickels. A 1941 no mint mark, and I lost the other one before it made it to the jar. Nothing great though, no worries. The guy who looks out for me in electronics gave 1 wheat cent, 1951 S.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
5/5/2014: No work today. Dumped at TD and lost at least 25$ in nickels. I was extremely dissapointed by this and even more so when I was told there was nothing they could do. Next time something like this happens, I may have to speak with a manager of some sort, though I dont know what good this will do for me. I lost a significant amount of money before, 12$ in dimes. Anyway, onto the finds.

Penny Arcade reject tray: Canadian Quarter, 1977 I believe. 2 gold colored coins Im assuming are from Europe that say "1 Pound" on them, and a 2 dollar coin from Canada (1996) thats gold colored in the middle and silver colored on the outside. Believe these are called a tooney.

Box 1 of cents: 9 wheats, oldest 1941. And 4 Canadian Cents: a bicentennial, (1967) a 1953, a 1950, and a 1944.

Box 2 of cents: Had 2 reverse wheat enders. (1950 S and 1947) 16 wheats total. Oldest 1944. :sadsmiley: As well as 2 Canadian cents: 1943 and a 1939. The 39' is the oldest foreign coin Ive ever found.

Good luck to everyone else.

Upvote 0

Joe777Cool

Bronze Member
Feb 6, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is this the same bank that a few days ago you had a problem with one of the tellers? :BangHead:

Iamrussell

Bronze Member
Mar 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If that coin conter is off that bad you might want to rethink your dumping- honestly there aint much the teller/manager will do for you being shorted- yes you know approx what youre dumping but they dont have any clue and can only give what the machine says-

-------------------------------------
just keep stacking, just keep stacking, stacking stacking stacking

starkizzle

Mar 9, 2014
Maine
Detector(s) used
soon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If that coin conter is off that bad you might want to rethink your dumping- honestly there aint much the teller/manager will do for you being shorted- yes you know approx what youre dumping but they dont have any clue and can only give what the machine says-

------------------------------------
just keep stacking, just keep stacking, stacking stacking stacking

I agree. i have dumped dimes, had several counted as cents, the teller saw the dimes in the penny bag and said there was nothing she could do

LooseChange

Sep 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
5/4/2014: . . .Dumped at TD and lost at least 25$ in nickels. I was extremely dissapointed by this and even more so when I was told there was nothing they could do. . .

If that coin conter is off . . . honestly there aint much the teller/manager will do for you . . .

. . . i have dumped dimes, had several counted as cents, the teller saw the dimes in the penny bag and said there was nothing she could do . . .

Until you get confidence in a counter, you need to put a stop limit on your potential losses.

If you are roll hunting, it's easy enough to make "batches" of $25 - $50. Use small bins or jars and hunt 10 rolls of dimes or 15 rolls of nickels per bin (or whatever even multiple is convenient). When you go to dump, take your box of "bins" and tell the teller that they can total it all together, but to make sure that each batch is counting within a few coins of $25 (or whatever). Let teller know that if any are off, they are to let you know right away before running any more. After you do it this way enough times with each denomination, you can dump with confidence. If you learn of a flakey counter, avoid that branch.

starkizzle

Mar 9, 2014
Maine
Detector(s) used
soon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is good advice. dumping slower helps in my case with dimes, less jams too

GlenDronach

Bronze Member
Aug 21, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I pour slowly and avoid the ones i know miscount.

I have a bank that serially counts dimes as pennies. I just dump nickels, pennies, and halves there now. No miscounts.

CW3(ret) US Army

Jun 30, 2011
Downstate New York
Detector(s) used
White Spectra V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Penny Arcade reject tray: Canadian Quarter, 1977 I believe. 2 gold colored coins Im assuming are from Europe that say "1 Pound" on them, and a 2 dollar coin from Canada (1996) thats gold colored in the middle and silver colored on the outside. Believe these are called a tooney.

:coffee2: The coin that says 1 pound on it on the other side should be a portrait of Queen Elizabeth as this coin is most likely British. The $2 Canadian coin is called "Tooney" & the $1 Canadian coin is called "Loonie". What bank were you dumping at? If it was TD, do you have a account with them? If so, bring it to their attention, when the coins bags are sent out, the coins are counted by the courier & a report is sent back to the branch. The answer might not be what you hope to hear but it doesn't hurt to have them check it out. The process usually takes about 2 weeks. If the branch doesn't contact you, than you can contact the branch. Just get the name of the person you spoke with about the miscount.
HH
Gary

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions