New half dollar boxes?

beebs88

May 5, 2013
Just wondering if anyone else has noticed the half dollar boxes for Loomis change. For the last 3 years I have been picking up Loomis deliveries in Smith and Son wrappers. All of a sudden last week I started getting them in new boxes that don't have the holes anymore and the side flaps are crazy long. All the rolls say Loomis on them now. Not complaining so far. Out of the 10 boxes so far I found 1 walker, 2 64s, and 8 40%. I would maybe get 1 90% every 40 boxes before and would average about 2 40% per box. Did I get into a new supply or is everyone else seeing the same thing?

Upvote 0

Iamrussell

Bronze Member
Mar 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
These changes happened to my loomis boxes right around christmas time- I havent seen a difference in ag one way or the other
But did like the holed boxes cause I could see the rolls and as soon as they changed the boxes like the second week 1of my boxes was shorted 3 rolls-so now I open each box at the bank to make sure they're not short- just a heads up

-------------------------------------
just keep stacking, just keep stacking, stacking stacking stacking

OP
OP
B

beebs88

May 5, 2013
These changes happened to my loomis boxes right around christmas time- I havent seen a difference in ag one way or the other
But did like the holed boxes cause I could see the rolls and as soon as they changed the boxes like the second week 1of my boxes was shorted 3 rolls-so now I open each box at the bank to make sure they're not short- just a heads up

-------------------------------------
just keep stacking, just keep stacking, stacking stacking stacking

Wow, shorted rolls. That's crazy. I noticed that the rolls are looser and the last couple boxes had many rolls cracked open and loose coins. All added up to the exact amount so far but I will start opening the boxes at the bank to make sure they are full from now on. Thanks for the heads up.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread