Officially my WEIRDEST box ever, take a look.

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
He everyone, I know I have been really distant here lately, we have been dealing with some illness on top of our all ready crazy life here lately and may continue to for a bit longer. So I'm sorry if I have missed any of my friends great finds ( if you've had any). My last 2 weeks have really been dismal, last week was 23 boxes and 4 bags, all skunks, but, I got a call from a bank I left my cell # at and they called me saying some guy had just dropped off 2 boxes of halves that weren't even opened, so I bought them and found 11 40's and 3 90's, they said the guy told them he needed money and thats why he was turning them in, weird, they were still sealed and everything, the week would have been a skunk had that not happened, this week I have 4 more boxes left and have only found 2 40's:BangHead:.

Ok, so anyway, I got these 4 boxes today, this one is definetely my WEIRDEST box ever! All but 5 rolls were solid proofs! What are the odds huh? Just crazy! Unfortunately no Silver ???.I just had to take some pics to show all of you. All right everyone, I hope you are doing well, if not, I hope things get better for ya! I will still be checking in from time to time, just gotta take care of some things right now that are pretty important. HH, Maverick.

Attachments

• IMG_20140508_161558.jpg
    IMG_20140508_161558.jpg
    483.9 KB · Views: 262
  • IMG_20140508_182753.jpg
    IMG_20140508_182753.jpg
    539.7 KB · Views: 283
  • IMG_20140508_182830.jpg
    IMG_20140508_182830.jpg
    491.1 KB · Views: 242
  • IMG_20140508_182911.jpg
    IMG_20140508_182911.jpg
    452 KB · Views: 267
  • IMG_20140508_182933.jpg
    IMG_20140508_182933.jpg
    454.9 KB · Views: 297
Upvote 0

Iamrussell

Bronze Member
Mar 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Did you keep any rolls sealed? They can fetch a premium on feebay
Definitely very wierd

-------------------------------------
just keep stacking, just keep stacking, stacking stacking stacking

OP
OP
maverick

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Wow! no silver but very cool!
What are your plans for all these proofs? Any of them pristine?

I know some may say WHAT, but I'm just going to dump them in a bag and deposit them with my other dumps, I have no time to do anything with them right now with other life events happening. HH, Maverick.

OP
OP
maverick

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Did you keep any rolls sealed? They can fetch a premium on feebay
Definitely very wierd

Hey russell, no, I opened them all up, all the same, seemed the dates were all 99-03. HH, Maverick.

Iamrussell

Bronze Member
Mar 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Crazy that it was only those yrs
This hobby just keeps throwing crazy thing out at us

SilverFace

Silver Member
Aug 21, 2011
Silverville
Primary Interest:
Other
That is very strange. That's quite a big collection dump. They look like they're in pretty good shape too. Not as good as finding all those silver proofs u found recently but maybe u could at least double your money by dumping them at your LCS. Just never know with this hobby lol. :dontknow:

Good luck with things at home.

Infowarrior

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2012
Fema Region 3
Detector(s) used
NOX 800, Ace 250, Garret Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow!

Thats pretty crazy, I dont think I would have messed with trying to re-sell either...

Im still in major skunksville too 8 boxes today, not a single silver, or even a single proof either... lol

I wonder why someone would have half dollar boxes, and not search them?? lol. Actually I remember last year sometime, I had a pickup bank who took in $400 in brinks halves still MWR... some lady brought them in, but I didnt find anything.

HH

Local_coins

Nov 24, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow! I thought I had found a lot of proofs when I pulled 40 or so from 2 boxes! That is wild!

MIhunter

Bronze Member
Jun 29, 2011
Southeastern MI
Collection dump?!?
900 CuNi Proofs 1999-2003
How would any one person get them? Buy 900 proof sets and open them up? Why?
Were these extras made by the US Mint and dumped into circulation?

jimmyforgotten

Feb 15, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I probably find 8-10 silver for every proof so this is very hard for me to wrap my delicate mind around;) I have to say that it makes me a little sad to see so many beautiful coins churning in the "system", and wonder how the heck they got there?!?

If a coin collector has to dump his collection for whatever reason, he/she isn't going to a bank, so that rules them out. I know it's gives our hobby life, but the thought that a child or grandchild of a collector could coldly throw them away for quick cash after the funeral makes me mad. So I try not to think about it!

And hey, I might not know you from Adam, but I do hope the health issues going on in your world start to get better for everyone in it soon.

JF

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is incredible, I couldn't imagine finding that many proofs in one box... i'd have a hard time letting them go since I love proofs, but I wouldn't be able to tie up $500 worth of them, either. Thanks for sharing!

SilverFace

Silver Member
Aug 21, 2011
Silverville
Primary Interest:
Other
They coulda been dumped by a really big retailer for some reason. The coins in that last pic look like they're still in great condition and should still have some numis value. Sure is an incredible find.

OP
OP
maverick

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
I was really surprised when I opened the box, I had high hopes until I pulled a couple rolls off of the top layer and then saw all the proof enders on the bottom, I really don't know what to make of it or how to explain it, but you know if I find something strange, I'm allways going to share it with you guys first thing. If i didn't have half the stuff going on right now that I do, I would probably see about trying to sell them in lots or something, seems a shame I know to just dump them, but, I really don't have the funds or time to do anything with them, I'm sure this is a once in a life time of CHRing event ( really a shame they weren't Silver) but I just can't deal with trying to make a few bucks off of them. Now it does make me wonder what else is coming down the pipe line to me, maybe something cool will show up next week, I don't know. Anyway, I'm glad I got to share it with you guys ( and gal, sorry Apush, I wouldn't forget about you if you read this).

We have to go to the Dr. tomorrow for them to tell us what is going on with my wife's liver, had a blood test to see why her lower legs have been killing her( to the point of trouble even walking) and the blood test they had her go take came back with liver issues ( vascular surgeon says liver isn't causing the leg problems so we are putting that to the side right now till we find out about her liver some more) she has been having other problems that we are going to keep trying to find out the cause so my time on Tnet is going to be limited for a while longer, again, wish all of you the best and I'll keep trying to check in real qwik when I can here in the next few weeks. HH, Maverick.

Iamrussell

Bronze Member
Mar 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dang could you imagine if they where silver? Youd probably had a heart attack and be dead- so maybe its better they werent lol

boristhespider88

Bronze Member
May 10, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
I was really surprised when I opened the box, I had high hopes until I pulled a couple rolls off of the top layer and then saw all the proof enders on the bottom, I really don't know what to make of it or how to explain it, but you know if I find something strange, I'm allways going to share it with you guys first thing. If i didn't have half the stuff going on right now that I do, I would probably see about trying to sell them in lots or something, seems a shame I know to just dump them, but, I really don't have the funds or time to do anything with them, I'm sure this is a once in a life time of CHRing event ( really a shame they weren't Silver) but I just can't deal with trying to make a few bucks off of them. Now it does make me wonder what else is coming down the pipe line to me, maybe something cool will show up next week, I don't know. Anyway, I'm glad I got to share it with you guys ( and gal, sorry Apush, I wouldn't forget about you if you read this).

We have to go to the Dr. tomorrow for them to tell us what is going on with my wife's liver, had a blood test to see why her lower legs have been killing her( to the point of trouble even walking) and the blood test they had her go take came back with liver issues ( vascular surgeon says liver isn't causing the leg problems so we are putting that to the side right now till we find out about her liver some more) she has been having other problems that we are going to keep trying to find out the cause so my time on Tnet is going to be limited for a while longer, again, wish all of you the best and I'll keep trying to check in real qwik when I can here in the next few weeks. HH, Maverick.

Keep me updated via PM, Mav.

I haven't forgotten about sending this stuff to you, my mom got admitted to physical therapy so I've been having to deal with that.

I'll be praying for you and yours. :)

Congrats on the huge proof dump!

- DS

baddbluff

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2011
vegas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow Mav, that's a very interesting box. You should at least call your LCS. They may offer you something over face - just as easy as a dump, right?

I hope everything is okay with your wife. Hang in there, man!

dreamboxvip

May 1, 2014
Shocking for sure. Well if you see any clad proof 99-03 in any future boxes you know ur getting the same coins back. Kinda like marking your coins without actually marking them lol. Nice clad proof dream box though.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions