Spoke too soon ?

thurmownator

Bronze Member
Dec 25, 2006
Primary Interest:
Other
Thought, perhaps, that my slump had ended; with three consecutive successful CRHs.

But alas, box (of halves) #s 53 & 54 for the year last night each turned out to be skunks.

Funny thing when I was leaving the bank parking lot yesterday with the two boxes (5x10x1 and dated 09 Mar 2007 btw), I saw a parked car with Louisiana license plates (and I'm not in Louisiana).

My immediate reaction was, "Is LJ encroaching on my territory ?" :'(

Maybe it was her car and this new bank I've added to "my universe" is her dump bank :) ; as this now makes three boxes (of halves) I've picked up from them; and they were all skunks.

On a brighter note, I stopped by another bank right near home, that never has any rolls and only the occasional half or two. The teller yesterday told me her colleague had some, saving them for me, and I should stop in tomorrow. Stay tuned.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
thurmownator

thurmownator

Bronze Member
Dec 25, 2006
Primary Interest:
Other
On a brighter note, I stopped by another bank right near home, that never has any rolls and only the occasional half or two. The teller yesterday told me her colleague had some, saving them for me, and I should stop in tomorrow. Stay tuned.

Well, I stopped over lunch. The colleague was mistaken. It was some dollar coins (Ikes) that were being saved for me. Seven of them (all commons), I still bought them, and a real nice gesture on their part.

There are some real nice tellers/banks out there.

patpall22

Jul 4, 2006
Carmel ca/ Big Sur ca
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, whites DFX, XP DEUS, etrac and sandshark
That is cool that the bank acknowledges your intrest in coins. You definitely have a good thing going with that bank.

LJ

Silver Member
Dec 23, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bummer on the two skunk boxes Thurm. You need to get back on that roll.

That is funny about the Louisiana license plate....but, nope not me. If I was in that area, we would have to work out a system together so we would not be searching each others dumps.

Good luck on your next boxes Thurm.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread