Spoke too soon ?
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

us
    Dec 2006
    36 times

Spoke too soon ?

Thought, perhaps, that my slump had ended; with three consecutive successful CRHs.

But alas, box (of halves) #s 53 & 54 for the year last night each turned out to be skunks.

Funny thing when I was leaving the bank parking lot yesterday with the two boxes (5x10x1 and dated 09 Mar 2007 btw), I saw a parked car with Louisiana license plates (and I'm not in Louisiana).

My immediate reaction was, "Is LJ encroaching on my territory ?"

Maybe it was her car and this new bank I've added to "my universe" is her dump bank ; as this now makes three boxes (of halves) I've picked up from them; and they were all skunks.

On a brighter note, I stopped by another bank right near home, that never has any rolls and only the occasional half or two. The teller yesterday told me her colleague had some, saving them for me, and I should stop in tomorrow. Stay tuned.
    "You can't win if you don't play"

"Behind every dark cloud is a silver lining"

"If you're prone to motion sickness, this "roller coaster" hobby may not be for you "

us
    Dec 2006
    36 times

Re: Spoke too soon ?

************************************************** *************************
    On a brighter note, I stopped by another bank right near home, that never has any rolls and only the occasional half or two. The teller yesterday told me her colleague had some, saving them for me, and I should stop in tomorrow. Stay tuned.
    ************************************************** ***************************

Well, I stopped over lunch. The colleague was mistaken. It was some dollar coins (Ikes) that were being saved for me. Seven of them (all commons), I still bought them, and a real nice gesture on their part.

There are some real nice tellers/banks out there.
    "You can't win if you don't play"

"Behind every dark cloud is a silver lining"

"If you're prone to motion sickness, this "roller coaster" hobby may not be for you "

Jul 2006
    Carmel ca/ Big Sur ca
    CTX 3030, whites DFX, XP DEUS, etrac and sandshark
    165 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)

That is cool that the bank acknowledges your intrest in coins. You definitely have a good thing going with that bank.

us
    I was raised in the projects.

Feb 2007
    Cypress Garden Projects, North Memphis
    Minelab Explorer SE
    1 times

bank did you a solid! sorry to hear dat you been skrugglin lately wit dem boxes. hope you come up on some loot real soon! keep gankin 'em, playa!
    Dollar Coins: 16
    Half Dollars: 1 Walking Liberty, 1 Franklin, 2 clad Kennedys
    Quarters: 1639
    Dimes: 1850
    Nickels: 278
    Pennies: 4227
    Tokens: 34
    Wheat Pennies: 206
    Mercury Dimes: 15
    Other Silver Coins: 19 Rosies, 8 Wash, 2 SLQ, 1 Seated Dime, 1 Barber Dime, 5 War Nicks

LJ
    us
    Dec 2006
    15 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

Bummer on the two skunk boxes Thurm. You need to get back on that roll.

That is funny about the Louisiana license plate....but, nope not me. If I was in that area, we would have to work out a system together so we would not be searching each others dumps.

Good luck on your next boxes Thurm.
    LOVE THE HISTORY AND THE MYSTERY

Sponsored Links