Solid Boxes

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey IndianHead97, personally, I wouldn't search the box knowing that it is all a solid date of new coins like what you received... I don't think it's worth checking each coin for errors that are worth miniscule amounts, but that's just me, I am sure many other hunters will disagree. Whatever you decide to do, best of luck to you! :)

Bad Wolf

Dec 6, 2012
Carmel-by-the-Sea, California
Detector(s) used
Nokia Simplex+
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Recently picked up a big order and two of the nickel boxes were solid 2014 this is the second time it's happened. Would it be worth it to open them and check for blanks clips or other errors? Thanks!

Hey IH97, you may find as I did that CWR produce much better than boxes insofar as nickels go, especially in my neck of the woods when you factor in the solid '13/'14s. I'll drive to three different branches--okay, I admit, they are all relatively close--to get $100 or so in CWR and skip the boxes entirely. Besides, gas is cheap, right? :laughing7:

OP
OP
I

IndianHead97

Jun 12, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for all the advice guys! I decided to go through them anyway and didn't find any errors. O well I had time to kill!

OP
OP
I

IndianHead97

Jun 12, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey IH97, you may find as I did that CWR produce much better than boxes insofar as nickels go, especially in my neck of the woods when you factor in the solid '13/'14s. I'll drive to three different branches--okay, I admit, they are all relatively close--to get $100 or so in CWR and skip the boxes entirely. Besides, gas is cheap, right? :laughing7:

Bad Wolf how do you go about getting CWR I only have ordered. Do you call and ask first?

enamel7

Gold Member
Apr 16, 2005
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bad Wolf how do you go about getting CWR I only have ordered. Do you call and ask first?

You go into a bank and ask if they have any. Most banks at least one teller will have some. But really, all you have to do is ask. No big secret.
HH
enamel7

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread