Thanks for the ride...

Omega

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2013
SoCal
Primary Interest:
Other
Well, I started CRH about 8 or 9 months ago doing a box a week, and upping it as my bank roll allowed it. At my peek, I was doing 40-50 boxes a week, and it was a blast. It's all fun and games till you lose a bank account..... or 4! This year, its just been harder and harder to order coins, and get rid of them. After being threatened to have having the police and who knows who else on me, I toned it down a bit. I was doing one pick up a week with 20 boxes, from 3 branches. Pulling from 3 different areas. The finds in general are down so much this year, I think I'm below .7 coins per box. Don't get me wrong, I still love the hunt. For those of you who don't know, I'm just a high school kid making some cash CRH, I'm not in it for the long term, and I don't have a regular job or steady income, Just CRH and selling coins. Well after getting my bankroll to over 10k, I finally peaked in my CRH journey. I want to thank all of those who helped me out when starting, and all those who I've talked to regularly, Mav, 50, Em, Dan, Streetwalker Kyle, Prison Guard in my area, MTL, and of course, the infamous Tim. I plan to CRH 1-4 boxes a week if my budget will allow. College will be starting in August, so gotta get hunting before then.
So why am I going to stop CRH you may ask? Because this recent beauty popped up in my area of a KILLER deal, I couldn't pass down. The car I've wanted for as long as I can remember, a C5 corvette. Lucky for me, I was able to use the money I made from CRH to purchase this car, so I wanted to thank CRH for the car, as well as a fun adventure I'll never really be able to let go, Picture below.

Upvote 0

50cent

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2012
Super-Skunksville x1000.
Primary Interest:
Other
Well, I started CRH about 8 or 9 months ago doing a box a week, and upping it as my bank roll allowed it. At my peek, I was doing 40-50 boxes a week, and it was a blast. It's all fun and games till you lose a bank account..... or 4! This year, its just been harder and harder to order coins, and get rid of them. After being threatened to have having the police and who knows who else on me, I toned it down a bit. I was doing one pick up a week with 20 boxes, from 3 branches. Pulling from 3 different areas. The finds in general are down so much this year, I think I'm below .7 coins per box. Don't get me wrong, I still love the hunt. For those of you who don't know, I'm just a high school kid making some cash CRH, I'm not in it for the long term, and I don't have a regular job or steady income, Just CRH and selling coins. Well after getting my bankroll to over 10k, I finally peaked in my CRH journey. I want to thank all of those who helped me out when starting, and all those who I've talked to regularly, Mav, 50, Em, Dan, Streetwalker Kyle, Prison Guard in my area, MTL, and of course, the infamous Tim. I plan to CRH 1-4 boxes a week if my budget will allow. College will be starting in August, so gotta get hunting before then.
So why am I going to stop CRH you may ask? Because this recent beauty popped up in my area of a KILLER deal, I couldn't pass down. The car I've wanted for as long as I can remember, a C5 corvette. Lucky for me, I was able to use the money I made from CRH to purchase this car, so I wanted to thank CRH for the car, as well as a fun adventure I'll never really be able to let go, Picture below.

Good luck omega and thank you for thanking me. Glad you used the money to buy something you want. Manual Transmission? Don't listen to anyone who criticizes you about your purchase, because the truth is those people are misers and will hang onto their money saving it aimlessly with the hope that they will sometime retire at 65. Awesome car.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Never owned a vette either but I was lucky enough to buy a brand new 1970 Plymouth Road Runner Hemi... Red with Black stripe down the front hood....

American by birth, Patriot by choice.

I would rather die standing on my two feet defending our Constitution than live a lifetime on my knees......

bertmaster2000

Dec 19, 2013
Northern US
Detector(s) used
Minelab 705
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Omega, I am glad to hear the money I gladly spent on some of your coins was put to use in the way you wanted most, nice car!

Best of luck to you in college. You are clearly an entrepreneur, so you will go far in your life if you desire.

Infowarrior

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2012
Fema Region 3
Detector(s) used
NOX 800, Ace 250, Garret Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Never owned a corvette, but I have owned a 911 for a short period of time, and I just want to point out that sports cars do not have as high of insurance as people think.

Ya but for an 18 yr old? lol.

hokiemojo

Jan 26, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Based on your volume, I thought you'd skip the corvette and go with one of these:

brinks-truck.jpg

50cent

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2012
Super-Skunksville x1000.
Primary Interest:
Other
Ya but for an 18 yr old? lol.

Simple, the parents claim ownership of it or at least claim it is theirs on insurance (not sure if this is possible in all states), then insure it. Omega pays them.

If he signs up for himself: 1. State farm and other popular car insurance providers offer decent discounts for safe drivers and students with GPAs, which brings the cost down quite a bit. 2. If he goes this route, sever most ties with family (on paper), apply for pell grant and other college expenditures. Since he has no income (aside from unreported CRH'n revenue), he can sign up for SNAP and other benefits (I'd never do this, but I'm just saying, I'd rather a college student cheating the system get the money than some degenerate piece of filth without an education, with tattoos, and a criminal record, and 10 god dang kids, get the money). Just say'n, claiming yourself as an independent person at 18 has it's advantages, albiet the cost of insurance may be high even with the discounts, doing this.

Alot of people complain about parents paying for insurance. There is nothing wrong with this in my opinion, as long as their son or daughter is out working or (preferably AND) going to school. He could ask his parents to help him out.

ArkieBassMan

Silver Member
Dec 17, 2009
AR
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Simple, the parents claim ownership of it or at least claim it is theirs on insurance (not sure if this is possible in all states), then insure it. Omega pays them.

If he signs up for himself: 1. State farm and other popular car insurance providers offer decent discounts for safe drivers and students with GPAs, which brings the cost down quite a bit. 2. If he goes this route, sever most ties with family (on paper), apply for pell grant and other college expenditures. Since he has no income (aside from unreported CRH'n revenue), he can sign up for SNAP and other benefits (I'd never do this, but I'm just saying, I'd rather a college student cheating the system get the money than some degenerate piece of filth without an education, with tattoos, and a criminal record, and 10 god dang kids, get the money). Just say'n, claiming yourself as an independent person at 18 has it's advantages, albiet the cost of insurance may be high even with the discounts, doing this.

Alot of people complain about parents paying for insurance. There is nothing wrong with this in my opinion, as long as their son or daughter is out working or (preferably AND) going to school. He could ask his parents to help him out.

Other things he or his parents can do is to not pay for redundant items that have no benefit. For example, if he has other health insurance, there is no need to pay for "bodily injury" as well on his car insurance. The auto insurance will not pay on top of the health insurance anyway. Its usually a waste of money.

And by all means shop around. The difference in price between companies absolutely shocked me. In 2004 when I bought my Z06, I had been with Allstate since I was a teenager. I was 34 years old, had never had a wreck (at fault or otherwise), or any type of violation whatsoever. I had a perfect driving record and my credit score was very high. Allstate quoted me about $2500 every 6 months! (This was 10 years ago...I'd hate to see what it would be now.) I began searching around and was quoted anywhere from ~$900-~$2700/6 months. Safeco gave me my best price.

Last edited:

ArkieBassMan

Silver Member
Dec 17, 2009
AR
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Never owned a vette either but I was lucky enough to buy a brand new 1970 Plymouth Road Runner Hemi... Red with Black stripe down the front hood....

I hope you had the foresight to keep it. Some of those old Mopars bring ridiculous money.

OP
OP
Omega

Omega

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2013
SoCal
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice car!

In 2004 I bought a new Z06 and thought the insurance was absolutely ridiculous for a 34 year old that had never even had a speeding ticket. At your age I imagine the insurance is more expensive than the car.

Really? I used to be a co-driver on my dads car any my insurance was about a grand a year, adding the vette onto our plan under my name only increased it another grand.

Congrats for a job well done. Who else do you know that drove their hobby to the limit. Good luck in college, but, we will see your postings again, maybe years, but AGAIN. Your HOOKED.

Of course, I'm staying involved in the hobby, can't leave now haha, I'm having a blast.

Drive it in health... Where are you going to college?

SDSU- San Diego State University, I get half tuition so it's only $3,500 a year.

Good luck omega and thank you for thanking me. Glad you used the money to buy something you want. Manual Transmission? Don't listen to anyone who criticizes you about your purchase, because the truth is those people are misers and will hang onto their money saving it aimlessly with the hope that they will sometime retire at 65. Awesome car.

Auto Transmission

ArkieBassMan

Silver Member
Dec 17, 2009
AR
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Really? I used to be a co-driver on my dads car any my insurance was about a grand a year, adding the vette onto our plan under my name only increased it another grand.

Really. Allstate wanted $5K per year...in 2004.

Zomotion

Bronze Member
Oct 22, 2013
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, coinmaster Gt Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Take it from an insurance agent... Drive what you like but be safe. Teenage drivers are going to be expensive, best way to keep those rates down are to stay on your parents plan, get good grades for good student discounts and don't drive stupid!

Rates are ok until a 16 year old gets in an accident. I get 5 calls a month from parents shopping for new insurance because their teenager got in a wreck and now their rates triple or worse they are getting cancelled.

You sound like a smart kid... He'll I don't know many 40 year olds that can save or generate $10k in a year, so great job!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread