Thanks for the ride...

Omega

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2013
SoCal
Primary Interest:
Other
Well, I started CRH about 8 or 9 months ago doing a box a week, and upping it as my bank roll allowed it. At my peek, I was doing 40-50 boxes a week, and it was a blast. It's all fun and games till you lose a bank account..... or 4! This year, its just been harder and harder to order coins, and get rid of them. After being threatened to have having the police and who knows who else on me, I toned it down a bit. I was doing one pick up a week with 20 boxes, from 3 branches. Pulling from 3 different areas. The finds in general are down so much this year, I think I'm below .7 coins per box. Don't get me wrong, I still love the hunt. For those of you who don't know, I'm just a high school kid making some cash CRH, I'm not in it for the long term, and I don't have a regular job or steady income, Just CRH and selling coins. Well after getting my bankroll to over 10k, I finally peaked in my CRH journey. I want to thank all of those who helped me out when starting, and all those who I've talked to regularly, Mav, 50, Em, Dan, Streetwalker Kyle, Prison Guard in my area, MTL, and of course, the infamous Tim. I plan to CRH 1-4 boxes a week if my budget will allow. College will be starting in August, so gotta get hunting before then.
So why am I going to stop CRH you may ask? Because this recent beauty popped up in my area of a KILLER deal, I couldn't pass down. The car I've wanted for as long as I can remember, a C5 corvette. Lucky for me, I was able to use the money I made from CRH to purchase this car, so I wanted to thank CRH for the car, as well as a fun adventure I'll never really be able to let go, Picture below.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Omega

Omega

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2013
SoCal
Primary Interest:
Other
image-3271648235.jpg

Bigheed

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
finds suck in LA too, I haven't done squat lately. Nice ride and enjoy the insurance payments :-)

HH
Bigheed

ArkieBassMan

Silver Member
Dec 17, 2009
AR
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice car!

In 2004 I bought a new Z06 and thought the insurance was absolutely ridiculous for a 34 year old that had never even had a speeding ticket. At your age I imagine the insurance is more expensive than the car.

ugotit22

Bronze Member
Dec 26, 2007
The Dirty Shire
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, and Whites IDX Pro
Congrats
Same thing happend to me about three years ago. Except my buy out wasn't s car. It was an engagement ring and wedding for my wife

maine_Jim

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2008
Detector(s) used
Ace 350
Congrats - you put in the work and earned it. Nice car. As for the poor results lately perhaps you finally reached the end of the supply from your source bank. Unfortunately they were possibly resupplied with...the coins you dumped. If they went back to the Fed they were likely on top and back out they come to the only distributor in the area actually ordering halves. Hard to avoid this in the long run unless you can dump in multiple Fed districts.

Maine_Jim

Dozer D

Silver Member
Feb 12, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Congrats for a job well done. Who else do you know that drove their hobby to the limit. Good luck in college, but, we will see your postings again, maybe years, but AGAIN. Your HOOKED.

weighit

Feb 17, 2007
Northern Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX with a Big Foot coil
Gold Bug 2
If you only had 50 cents per coin invested and you sold them for the great ride, your really driving a SMOKIN deal. Good luck on the next step in your life!!

baddbluff

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2011
vegas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool car man, and congrats on your success. But if I were you, I'd take that money and invest it in an IRA. By the time you are retired, that money would double about 7 times. ($10k could turn into about $1 million!!). That's my biggest regret: not starting a retirement plan sooner. I'm not trying to put you down for your decision by any means. Just some advice from someone who's 40 and been in your shoes.

crhgymnast1

Jun 14, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome ride man!! I've got just about 3months until I drive

Infowarrior

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2012
Fema Region 3
Detector(s) used
NOX 800, Ace 250, Garret Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hahah nice car Omega!

Yah I bet the insurance has gotta be killer!

HH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread