Infowarrior

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2012
Fema Region 3
Detector(s) used
NOX 800, Ace 250, Garret Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I dont really know why but I set out to fill a box of halves with enders... I started this back in December, and just this week finished my goal!

Total of 11 90% enders, and 39 40%(or 90% kennedy reverse).

Im in need of some cash for my business, so im going to open all the 40% rolls, and save all my 90% enders in hopes of some day completing that.

So gonna open 39 ender rolls tonight, feel free to guess some numbers on what ill find.(sorry no physical prizes though)

HH all

IMG_1585.JPG IMG_1591.JPG IMG_1594.JPG IMG_1596.JPG IMG_1586.JPG

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
silver half dollar enders are a rare occasion for most on here, they happen once in a blue moon.
I was going to guess 51...I'm amazed at the photos. I've done one box that was a skunk but I love seeing the enders. I am getting ready to start ordering boxes once I come.up with the cash. Hopefully I can put up some pictures like those. Good finds in that box.

Iamrussell

Bronze Member
Mar 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
silver half dollar enders are a rare occasion for most on here, they happen once in a blue moon.

Over the last 1 1/2 yr of crh ive only had about 10 enders- thats out of probably 700 boxes

-------------------------------------
just keep stacking, just keep stacking, stacking stacking stacking

OP
OP
Infowarrior

Infowarrior

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2012
Fema Region 3
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Besides what Boris posted, there is the obvious Tripled Die Obverse on the 1964-D Kennedy Half Dollar with Tripling emphasized on the motto and date. I always assume that CRH'ers look for the obvious and have a basic understanding of which varieties to keep an eye out for.

Not me, I know a few varieties just by people talking about them on here, but I dont have a redbook lol. I just like silver :) I honestly dont even know what im looking for in those pics you guys posted :P

Diver_Down

Silver Member
Dec 13, 2008
St. Augustine, FL
Not me, I know a few varieties just by people talking about them on here, but I dont have a redbook lol. I just like silver :) I honestly dont even know what im looking for in those pics you guys posted :P

Boris posted a D/D - RPM. The mintmark will exhibit "Doubling" from the mintmark being repunched on the die. I didn't click on Boris' link so I don't know about photos. The Tripled Die can earn some big bucks so always look for it. Just look here - PcgsCoinFacts.com : Your Online Reference for U.S. Coins

boristhespider88

Bronze Member
May 10, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Boris posted a D/D - RPM. The mintmark will exhibit "Doubling" from the mintmark being repunched on the die. I didn't click on Boris' link so I don't know about photos. The Tripled Die can earn some big bucks so always look for it. Just look here - PcgsCoinFacts.com : Your Online Reference for U.S. Coins

The PCGS link I posted has a close up of the mintmark. The tripled die was the other one that I couldn't remember.

Rustystcloud

Oct 9, 2013
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey info, I have been working on my Ender box for many months but recently hit a dry spell and can't find many. While creating. Your box any droughts or just steady all the way through? Oh and awesome job hope you make the 90% box soon

OP
OP
Infowarrior

Infowarrior

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2012
Fema Region 3
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Many droughts, especially after I finally decided to do it, I could have filled up 3 boxes of enders in the previous year... lol now im in skunk town...

I think it was a bad omen to try and save enders, cause thats when my boxes started to decline drastically in silver production... lol

OP
OP
Infowarrior

Infowarrior

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2012
Fema Region 3
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just went back and checked my spreadsheet, I started doing collecting enders on Dec 06 2013. Completed May 15th. Total boxes searched in that time frame, 589.

I see I had a few weeks where I would get 5-6 enders, then other weeks nothing for a couple weeks.

TheMastermind

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2012
Pennsy
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't know how you people can save enders for so long, I can barely save them for after I finish the rest of the box that they came in let alone to fill up a whole other box with just ender rolls.

OP
OP
Infowarrior

Infowarrior

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2012
Fema Region 3
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yah I donno dude, I was like that too... I would save them until the last roll(s) of the box...

I just got it in my head I wanted to do it, so I did... lol

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread