Any NorCal CRH mark their halves with 2 black lines?

Gabev71

Dec 23, 2006
Stockton, Ca
Where at in Calif are you, i just started ordering boxes of halves from a friend that works at a Washington Mutual where i live. He was nice enough to tell me that a coin dealer is ordering $6000 in halves every two weeks but not bringing them back to that bank. Would really hate to be getting halves from his dump bank since he is buying $12,000 in halves a month.

OP
OP
65gt350

65gt350

Mar 6, 2007
California
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Toltec 100
I am in the Bay Area. I would be surprised if a coin dealer is marking but you never know. The strange thing about the marked halves is that they are appearing in boxes that have good yields. It is almost as if the guys dump bank would be a good place to search. Do you know who services WAMU is it Brinks or Loomis?

Gabev71

Dec 23, 2006
Stockton, Ca
ah okay i'm in the central valley...stockton...i'll find out what armor car service they use, all my friend said was that he started off doing about $2000 a month and then was makeing a killing and bragging about it and started ordering the $6000 every two weeks. i doubt his halves would be making it to the bay area unless he makes runs all over the place.

OP
OP
65gt350

65gt350

Mar 6, 2007
California
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Toltec 100
What is a killing in Stockton? 2% yield ($10 silver per box) 4% ($20 silver per box). How are your yields?

Gabev71

Dec 23, 2006
Stockton, Ca
i'll be getting my first box this comeing tuesday, other things going on in life that had kept me from getting into CRH. I imagine his yields must be really good, telling the tellers that he was pulling alot of coins out for himself and selling quite a few others on ebay, and to be going from buying $2000 in halves a month to buying $12,000 there has to be something going on. I imagine i'll find out tuesday when i get my first box and order another one.

OP
OP
65gt350

65gt350

Mar 6, 2007
California
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Toltec 100
Gabev71 said:
i'll be getting my first box this comeing tuesday, other things going on in life that had kept me from getting into CRH. I imagine his yields must be really good, telling the tellers that he was pulling alot of coins out for himself and selling quite a few others on ebay, and to be going from buying $2000 in halves a month to buying $12,000 there has to be something going on. I imagine i'll find out tuesday when i get my first box and order another one.

So how did it go? What armored carrier services the bank?

Gabev71

Dec 23, 2006
Stockton, Ca
Found out that the Wamu in my area uses A.T. for delivery same armored car service my work uses. As for my box, bastard coin dealer took it. my friend was at lunch and the person came in and another teller said oh there are 7 boxes back here and he took mine. :'(

OP
OP
65gt350

65gt350

Mar 6, 2007
California
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Toltec 100
I think you will have good luck with AT. My bank used to use them and the boxes were pretty good. Be nice to the delivery guys. They are the one who picks the boxes. Sorry to hear about the dealer. See if your friend will make it up on the next order.

Also, does anyone mark their coins with an H? I found a 74-D that has been painted white with a H over the face in black marker?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread