good luck with nickels

rydiggaahh

Mar 21, 2007
LI new york
i should start off by saying im new to t net. ive been reading the posts for a while and finnaly decided to get involved. ive been crh for a while and do primarily nickels and pennies. my bank never has halfs and i dont bother to look elswhere or have them ordered. i only ask for a small amount at a time say like 10 rolls of nickels and pennies. i have pretty good luck finding war nickels. i wonder if it has anything to do with the fact that my bank only has hand rolled coins retured from other account holders.
anyway down to the point. i got my 10 rolls of nickels and 4 of them were entirely pre 1960 with 2 war nickels. i was also able to fill 8 or 9 holes in my coin folder. found 2 wheats as well one being a 1920. not bad for such a small amount of rolls. i was really hoping for a buffalo nickel though

Upvote 0

Jeffro

Silver Member
Dec 6, 2005
Eugene, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ5, White's GM VSat
I rarely see Buffalos in circulation anymore, but I have seen a few over the years so they're still out there. Keep it up, they'll come around. Never know when some little old lady is gonna clean out her husbands closet and dump some goodies at the bank! :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread