"I have a feeling there is something good in here."
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Like Tree9Likes
  • 7 Post By Spizzerinctum
  • 1 Post By Iamrussell
  • 1 Post By SilverHoarder07

Thread: "I have a feeling there is something good in here."

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »

Mar 2013
    Western Hemisphere
    Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
    174 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

"I have a feeling there is something good in here."

As I was finishing up with my purchase of $41.50 of cwr of cents and nickels at a bank yesterday, the teller said she felt I would find something good. "Based on what?" I asked, and she said "the old looking rolls and the person who brought them in." When I got home I did notice some of the cent wrappers were an old looking style, so I opened one and found they were all '43 steel cents. I separated out all of the similar rolls and you guessed it - 16 rolls of steelies, most in better condition than the ones I had in my album, only a few with any rust at all. More than half of them are s mint. I've only looked closely at 4 rolls but I've already found 6 with obvious die breaks and cuds. I'll try to get some pictures on here soon. Fun!

us
    Aug 2011
    Silverville
    476 times
    CRHing
    Wow, that's an incredible cent score!

kz
    Dec 2007
    The Dirty Shire
    Whites DFX, and Whites IDX Pro
    547 times
    Awesome score
    I love steroids

us
    Apr 2013
    Skunksville
    Garrett AT Pro
    146 times
    Quote Originally Posted by ugotit22 View Post
    Awesome score
    I love steroids
    LOL. Stinking autocorrect!

Anyways, great score!

Mar 2013
    698 times
    Quote Originally Posted by ugotit22 View Post
    I love steroids
    So how big your guns?
    Lol

-------------------------------------
    just keep stacking, just keep stacking, stacking stacking stacking
    sagittarius98 likes this.

kz
    Dec 2007
    The Dirty Shire
    Whites DFX, and Whites IDX Pro
    547 times
    Lmao
    Ment steelies

us
    Oct 2013
    Here or There or Anywhere
    99 times
    Great score! Now go back and get the rest of them!
    Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it on a fruit salad.

us
    El Padron

Oct 2010
    Southern California
    The content of this space is contingent upon principals acceptance, execution and or final disposition / funding of an approved product endorsement agreement
    409 times
    Unreported banner: 3 (maybe 4)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spizzerinctum View Post
    As I was finishing up with my purchase of $41.50 of cwr of cents and nickels at a bank yesterday, the teller said she felt I would find something good. "Based on what?" I asked, and she said "the old looking rolls and the person who brought them in." When I got home I did notice some of the cent wrappers were an old looking style, so I opened one and found they were all '43 steel cents. I separated out all of the similar rolls and you guessed it - 16 rolls of steelies, most in better condition than the ones I had in my album, only a few with any rust at all. More than half of them are s mint. I've only looked closely at 4 rolls but I've already found 6 with obvious die breaks and cuds. I'll try to get some pictures on here soon. Fun!
    I never understand stories like this.
    Are the tellers. r . e . t . a . r . d . e . d ?
    Why don't they buy them and take them home?
    Why isn't every metal detector at least water resistant? A $7 drugstore flashlight is guaranteed for life to 10 feet. If a squirrel piss*s onto the face of my sov... well.... thats another forum.

Disclaimer: Most any and all artifacts or valuables mentioned have been found on property that was originally aquired in the 1847 United States of America invasion of Mexico.

United States Veteran, Headquarters Company, Law Enforcement Activity, Ft Campbell Ky. ARMY Military Police.

Oct 2012
    74 times
    Quote Originally Posted by el padron View Post
    I never understand stories like this.
    Are the tellers. r . e . t . a . r . d . e . d ?
    Why don't they buy them and take them home?
    I am a loan officer at a credit union and from my experience the answer is simple...most people don't care. Unless you have something very odd or unique many tellers are more than happy to pass along finds to the general public...just because we have silver fever doesn't mean it is contagious.
    SilverFace likes this.
    2013 Goals

Halves:
    40% - 156/1000
    90% - 49/250

Other Silver Found
    2.1286/20 OZ
    "1 1988 ASE reject score!"
    "1 1985 Libertad reject score!"
    1x1945S Nickel, 1x1944 MercDime

us
    El Padron

Oct 2010
    Southern California
    The content of this space is contingent upon principals acceptance, execution and or final disposition / funding of an approved product endorsement agreement
    409 times
    Unreported banner: 3 (maybe 4)
    Quote Originally Posted by SilverHoarder07 View Post
    I am a loan officer at a credit union and from my experience the answer is simple...most people don't care. Unless you have something very odd or unique many tellers are more than happy to pass along finds to the general public...just because we have silver fever doesn't mean it is contagious.
    You have made a great point, while at the same time completely rationalizing the existence of the American 1%
    Why isn't every metal detector at least water resistant? A $7 drugstore flashlight is guaranteed for life to 10 feet. If a squirrel piss*s onto the face of my sov... well.... thats another forum.

Disclaimer: Most any and all artifacts or valuables mentioned have been found on property that was originally aquired in the 1847 United States of America invasion of Mexico.

United States Veteran, Headquarters Company, Law Enforcement Activity, Ft Campbell Ky. ARMY Military Police.

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links