"I have a feeling there is something good in here."

Spizzerinctum

Mar 8, 2013
Western Hemisphere
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As I was finishing up with my purchase of $41.50 of cwr of cents and nickels at a bank yesterday, the teller said she felt I would find something good. "Based on what?" I asked, and she said "the old looking rolls and the person who brought them in." When I got home I did notice some of the cent wrappers were an old looking style, so I opened one and found they were all '43 steel cents. I separated out all of the similar rolls and you guessed it - 16 rolls of steelies, most in better condition than the ones I had in my album, only a few with any rust at all. More than half of them are s mint. I've only looked closely at 4 rolls but I've already found 6 with obvious die breaks and cuds. I'll try to get some pictures on here soon. Fun!

Upvote 0

el padron

Oct 29, 2010
Southern California
Detector(s) used
The content of this space is contingent upon principals acceptance, execution and or final disposition / funding of an approved product endorsement agreement
Primary Interest:
Other
As I was finishing up with my purchase of $41.50 of cwr of cents and nickels at a bank yesterday, the teller said she felt I would find something good. "Based on what?" I asked, and she said "the old looking rolls and the person who brought them in." When I got home I did notice some of the cent wrappers were an old looking style, so I opened one and found they were all '43 steel cents. I separated out all of the similar rolls and you guessed it - 16 rolls of steelies, most in better condition than the ones I had in my album, only a few with any rust at all. More than half of them are s mint. I've only looked closely at 4 rolls but I've already found 6 with obvious die breaks and cuds. I'll try to get some pictures on here soon. Fun!

I never understand stories like this.
Are the tellers. r . e . t . a . r . d . e . d ?
Why don't they buy them and take them home?

SilverHoarder07

Oct 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I never understand stories like this.
Are the tellers. r . e . t . a . r . d . e . d ?
Why don't they buy them and take them home?

I am a loan officer at a credit union and from my experience the answer is simple...most people don't care. Unless you have something very odd or unique many tellers are more than happy to pass along finds to the general public...just because we have silver fever doesn't mean it is contagious.

el padron

Oct 29, 2010
Southern California
Detector(s) used
The content of this space is contingent upon principals acceptance, execution and or final disposition / funding of an approved product endorsement agreement
Primary Interest:
Other
I am a loan officer at a credit union and from my experience the answer is simple...most people don't care. Unless you have something very odd or unique many tellers are more than happy to pass along finds to the general public...just because we have silver fever doesn't mean it is contagious.

You have made a great point, while at the same time completely rationalizing the existence of the American 1%

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions