OP
OP
Pennyworth

Pennyworth

Bronze Member
Jan 1, 2006
Re: Thursday Cent & Nickel Search ~~~Friday Bags of Halves Searched

Friday Bags of Halves Searched

I picked up the bag of $500.00 in halves that I had on order. It was a total skunk and I was shorted $2.50 because of 3 tokens,France 5 Francs,1 quarter.

I also picked up what was thought to be a box of $1000.00 in halves but it came in a bag instead. I was shorted $2.50 again due to 2 dimes, 1 nickel and many cents. I did find 7-1964 silver halves and 8-40% silver halves.

I'm not sure if I should mention it to the banks that ordered the halves for me,since they were really nice and I know it's the armored car company that shorted them,not the bank. So I'm not sure if they would look at the misc coins and tokens and believe me,also I would still like to order more halves from these banks. I'm think that maybe I should just eat the $5.00 shortage and keep quiet.

Attachments

• Halves11.jpg
    Halves11.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 180
  • Halves22.jpg
    Halves22.jpg
    23.2 KB · Views: 177
  • Add11.jpg
    Add11.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 178
  • Add22.jpg
    Add22.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 172

enamel7

Gold Member
Apr 16, 2005
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Sorry about the shortages. Great job on the wheatbacks and the halves.

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma

Nice going on the halves! 8) I'd probably eat the $5 shortage but mention it in passing to the bank.

TxTim

Silver Member
Jan 14, 2007
Texas
Detector(s) used
DFX & SE

mountainman 2 said:
You made up for the shortage with the silver you pulled. If you mention the shortage, they may start counting them for accuracy and possibly start pulling some silver.Just my thought.

True!!!

GMan00001

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2006
Twin Cities, MN
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I dno't mention shortages except in passing when buying a bag from a coin machine.

But since you ordered them, it might make slightly more sense to mention it to them.

And if you plan on ordering from them frequently, you might to want to find out what you should do if you are substantially short in advance (just in case it should happen).

Essentially, being shorted is paying a fee. $2.50 for $1000 in halves is a $1.25/box. If I found a fee that low I wouldn't complain too much. Cheapest of the banks that want to charge a fee I have found is $0.08/roll or $4/box. Of course I have only ordered from those that don't charge a fee to date.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread