magicians coins

ugotit22

Bronze Member
Dec 26, 2007
The Dirty Shire
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, and Whites IDX Pro
Hey guys
Was cleaning out my coin area and came accross all the magician coins I've pulled since I started. Figures I'd share, they are rather fun to get bc you can't just spot them you need to hear them.
I've pulled 15 1/2
The half bc when I got it in the roll it had no back.
Of the fifteen
5 are British one penny's
3 are 2o centavos
And 7 are Mexican

ForumRunner_20140527_150624.png

Upvote 0

SilverFace

Silver Member
Aug 21, 2011
Silverville
Primary Interest:
Other
That's pretty cool. I found a '65 centavos magicians half earlier this year and I was just checking my stash of other magician halves I've found over the years and I thought I had a few of them but I could only find a '67 Penny and two other coins I used to think might be magician coins but now Im not sure. One is a double sided reverse half and another is a double sided obverse '81P half. I just tried shaking them both in an empty coffee can which worked good for me earlier this year when I was having trouble opening that '65 centavos half but I still can't get either of these double sided coins open so Im wondering if they might both be glued together and they may not be magicians coins with a design on the inside. Has anyone else ever found double sided halves too?

I also just found four '82P no FG's I forgot I had :)

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I get those Mexican bird ones all the time... I hate em (the coin itself) not the country

CW3(ret) US Army

Jun 30, 2011
Downstate New York
Detector(s) used
White Spectra V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey guys
Was cleaning out my coin area and came accross all the magician coins I've pulled since I started. Figures I'd share, they are rather fun to get bc you can't just spot them you need to hear them.
I've pulled 15 1/2
The half bc when I got it in the roll it had no back.
Of the fifteen
5 are British one penny's
3 are 2o centavos
And 7 are Mexican

I've found 2 halfs, 1 had a English penny & the other had a Mexican coin for the reverse side. I also found half a magicians coin that was half a Washington quarter. It has the front but is missing the back. I thought it was weird because I thought that magicians coins were only made from half dollars due to the larger size. LOL, what little did I know.
HH
Gary

View attachment 1001359

:coffee2: I've found 2 halfs, 1 had a English penny & the other had a Mexican coin for the reverse side. I also found half a magicians coin that was half a Washington quarter. It has the front but is missing the back. I thought it was weird because I thought that magicians coins were only made from half dollars due to the larger size. LOL, what little did I know.
HH
Gary

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread