Finally foumg a1976S!

SilverFace

Silver Member
Aug 21, 2011
Silverville
Primary Interest:
Other
Congrats! I think I've only found 4 or 5 silver '76S halves myself including one earlier this year in a cwr which was a nice surprise. I've found several clad '76S halves just this year but finding the silver ones are much more scarce in circulation and harder to find.

H$H!

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
good. I haven't found one yet, and I've been through over 1,000 boxes of halves.

el padron

Oct 29, 2010
Southern California
Detector(s) used
The content of this space is contingent upon principals acceptance, execution and or final disposition / funding of an approved product endorsement agreement
Primary Interest:
Other
I was under the impression that the 40% 71 Eisenhower dollars and half's are the last meant for circulation American coins featuring silver content

I am aware of the any given year silver proof special order sets available at a premium from the Mint,
Were any other made for circulation silver American coins manufactured after 71?

Last edited:

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
no.
I was under the impression that the 40% 71 Eisenhower dollars and half's are the last meant for circulation American coins featuring silver content

I am aware of the any given year silver proof special order sets available at a premium from the Mint,
Were any other made for circulation silver American coins manufactured after 71?

SilverFace

Silver Member
Aug 21, 2011
Silverville
Primary Interest:
Other

None of the silver (or any clad S mint) Ikes or any silver halves after 1969 (or any S mint Kennedy halves) were minted for or intended to be used in circulation.

Last edited:

Twitch

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2010
Missouri
Dint think it would take so long to find my first bicentennial silver.

Nice. Is it proof or mint? I've found 3 silver mint halves, but have yet to find a silver poof. I have 8 non-silver proofs from '76. On whole it's my most common S mint year, having found 11 in 14 months.

fish on!

May 4, 2012
In the bank
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice job! I like finding them because all of the regular bicentennials get on my nerves. I've found a handful of both the business strike and proof silver bicentennials, but all of the proofs I have found have been in pretty rough shape. I can tell they are proofs because they have the mirrored background but they are all pretty beat. I actually forgot to take a picture but about a month ago I got a 1976 S silver proof as a reverse ender in a box. That was cool to see. I really like finding odd ball enders.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread