Little bit here and there

Twitch

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2010
Missouri
Turned $34 in pennies into a whopping total of 5 wheat pennies, but the 1906 IHP makes up for the lack of wheats. Was $1,027 since last IHP. At 1906 it's also our oldest CRH find to date (Have found an older IHP in a coinstar).

Hunted $136 in nickels and pulled 3 war nickels today, plus a '39-S in the same roll as one of the war nicks. Now I've found two '39-S's and still lack the 'D'. The last $450 in nickels have given me 6 war nicks, a buffalo, a '38-D and a '39-S.

Found a '52-D rosie.

Completely whiffed on halves.

Upvote 0

boristhespider88

Bronze Member
May 10, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Turned $34 in pennies into a whopping total of 5 wheat pennies, but the 1906 IHP makes up for the lack of wheats. Was $1,027 since last IHP. At 1906 it's also our oldest CRH find to date (Have found an older IHP in a coinstar).

Hunted $136 in nickels and pulled 3 war nickels today, plus a '39-S in the same roll as one of the war nicks. Now I've found two '39-S's and still lack the 'D'. The last $450 in nickels have given me 6 war nicks, a buffalo, a '38-D and a '39-S.

Found a '52-D rosie.

Completely whiffed on halves.

Better than nothing!

Congrats on the finds!

SilverFace

Silver Member
Aug 21, 2011
Silverville
Primary Interest:
Other
Those are some very good results. I found a '39S nickel earlier this year but that's the only semi key date Jefferson nickel I've found in a long time. And I think I've only found one '38(P) nickel this year too. Sure glad they minted so many millions of the war nickels though. :)

HH!

OP
OP
Twitch

Twitch

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2010
Missouri
Thanks. Also found my first cud, a '84 cent with a small cud over the UST in TRUST.

OP
OP
Twitch

Twitch

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2010
Missouri
Those are some very good results. I found a '39S nickel earlier this year but that's the only semi key date Jefferson nickel I've found in a long time. And I think I've only found one '38(P) nickel this year too. Sure glad they minted so many millions of the war nickels though. :)

HH!

I'm struggling to find the lower mintage war nicks. Yesterday I found '43P, '44P and '45P. I only lack 7 nickels for the book, '39-D, '50-D and '51-S, then the '42-S, '43-D, '44-S and '45-D. How knows, but I'm assuming the '43-D will be the last one I find.

SilverFace

Silver Member
Aug 21, 2011
Silverville
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm struggling to find the lower mintage war nicks. Yesterday I found '43P, '44P and '45P. I only lack 7 nickels for the book, '39-D, '50-D and '51-S, then the '42-S, '43-D, '44-S and '45-D. How knows, but I'm assuming the '43-D will be the last one I find.

Im not sure of the dates of the war nickels I've found before this year but strangely enough 2 of the 18 war nickels Ive found this year have been '43D's. And I've found a few '50D's over the past few years but I still don't think I've found all of the 4 semi key date Jefferson's since I've been searching nickels a little more than 4 years ago. And I've still never found a V nickel yet either but I've found three 1913(P) T1 buffalos - two since late December 2013. Just never know when and what u might find with this hobby - I suppose that's what keeps it fun and interesting. :)

Good luck with the last 7 nickel dates your looking for. Hopefully you'll find most or all of them this year.

OP
OP
Twitch

Twitch

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2010
Missouri
Im not sure of the dates of the war nickels I've found before this year but strangely enough 2 of the 18 war nickels Ive found this year have been '43D's. And I've found a few '50D's over the past few years but I still don't think I've found all of the 4 semi key date Jefferson's since I've been searching nickels a little more than 4 years ago. And I've still never found a V nickel yet either but I've found three 1913(P) T1 buffalos - two since late December 2013. Just never know when and what u might find with this hobby - I suppose that's what keeps it fun and interesting. :)

Good luck with the last 7 nickel dates your looking for. Hopefully you'll find most or all of them this year.

Thanks. Those T1 buffalo's you found are outstanding.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions