bad teller

norcalsteve

Sep 30, 2013
Petaluma, CA
Detector(s) used
36" Bazooka Prospector, Gold-n-Sand hand dredge
I went into a bank I don't usually go to today. Asked if they had any halves. The teller said that they got a box in on friday and had about 10 rolls left. I asked if I could buy them and he said yes. He went to the vault to get them. I waited and waited and waited. After almost 10 minutes he came out with them in the box. Before I gave him my money I opened the box and could see that all the rolls had one end opened and been taped closed. When I asked him if he had searched them he did not say anything. I said no thank you and walked out. I can't prove that he did search them but I'm pretty sure that he did.

Upvote 0

Zomotion

Bronze Member
Oct 22, 2013
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, coinmaster Gt Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice move checking them before you left. I've never seen a teller spot check like that but I know a few that search all cwr coin that comes in. I just have learned to ignore those branches.

Cougar729

Apr 8, 2013
Missouri
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What if he didn't search them? You walked out over 10 rolls? Maybe it's me but I'd have bought them anyway. Could have been silver in them he missed even if he had checked them. If nothing else it left as bad a taste in the tellers mouth as yours when you walked out after asking for halves and he delivers (searched or not)

OP
OP
norcalsteve

norcalsteve

Sep 30, 2013
Petaluma, CA
Detector(s) used
What if he didn't search them? You walked out over 10 rolls? Maybe it's me but I'd have bought them anyway. Could have been silver in them he missed even if he had checked them. If nothing else it left as bad a taste in the tellers mouth as yours when you walked out after asking for halves and he delivers (searched or not)

I thought about that. I've had tellers tell me "there's no good ones in these" and then find something. This is not a bank I usually go to and the smirk on his face just made me feel like it was worth walking away from.

ArkieBassMan

Silver Member
Dec 17, 2009
AR
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If I ask for halves, the teller tells me they have "$X" worth, and I say I will take them, then I absolutely feel obligated to take them. Even more so if he/she had to retrieve them from the vault. Regardless if they are obvious re-wraps or whatever, I plunk down the cash and take them. Its just bad business not to IMO.

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If I ask for halves, the teller tells me they have "$X" worth, and I say I will take them, then I absolutely feel obligated to take them. Even more so if he/she had to retrieve them from the vault. Regardless if they are obvious re-wraps or whatever, I plunk down the cash and take them. Its just bad business not to IMO.

I agree. Always buy them all.

Zero

Bronze Member
Feb 20, 2013
Kentucky
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was waiting for $350 worth the other day and after about ten minutes they called me to a side office to watch them unroll and count 35 CWR's. I said it wasn't necessary, but they insisted. After five rolls, they relented...thank goodness. It was a skunk, but my point is that some banks are a little odd but not necessarily sniping.

OP
OP
norcalsteve

norcalsteve

Sep 30, 2013
Petaluma, CA
Detector(s) used
Ya might want to take up golf instead.

There is no need to be rude.
I am fairly new to crh. My son and I are having fun and I am passing on coin collecting to him (he was not with me).
I see that I made a mistake and should have taken them. In the future I will always take what they are offering. I have taken obvious dumps before. This teller just irked me. Again, I see that I was wrong.

agme

Feb 4, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey, relax. We all had to start/learn, somewhere/sometime/somehow.
Best of luck.

ArkieBassMan

Silver Member
Dec 17, 2009
AR
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There is no need to be rude.
I am fairly new to crh. My son and I are having fun and I am passing on coin collecting to him (he was not with me).
I see that I made a mistake and should have taken them. In the future I will always take what they are offering. I have taken obvious dumps before. This teller just irked me. Again, I see that I was wrong.

Wait...what the...???

Someone on this forum has taken constructive criticism in the nature in which it was intended and didn't get indignant, angry, or upset in any way? How refreshing! :icon_thumright:

OP
OP
norcalsteve

norcalsteve

Sep 30, 2013
Petaluma, CA
Detector(s) used
There are a lot it good people with a lot of years CRH on this forum. This is a great place to share and learn.

cooper36

Nov 30, 2011
east coast
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had a teller take 3 out of the stack ( I saw her) and hand me one it was a 40 always take them.

FormerTeller

Bronze Member
Apr 24, 2011
Wait...what the...???

Someone on this forum has taken constructive criticism in the nature in which it was intended and didn't get indignant, angry, or upset in any way? How refreshing! :icon_thumright:

You call "Ya might want to take up golf instead" constructive criticism???

I'll agree with the criticism part, but beyond that I agree with the OP that it's rude.

acehunter

Feb 2, 2009
california
Detector(s) used
garrett ace 250, gold scorpion.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good things happen to good people, hang in there.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread