Some Silver

Vdubguy

Jul 31, 2013
Central PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 (current detector)
Garrett Pro Pointer
Garrett AT Pro (first detector, no longer have)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I haven't been searching the volume I used to due to work. So I had a few days off and planned accordingly by ordering 8 boxes.

My 5th roll in the first box I got a 64 and thought these boxes were going to be great. Ended up with one 90%er and 4 40%ers.

Better than nothing.

Hope everyone else luck is better than mine.

Have a great weekend

HH

Upvote 0

Twitch

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2010
Missouri
Not terrible. I did the same thing yesterday on a halves box. 2nd roll in I found a nice '64-D. When the box was finished I had a lone '64-D to show for it.

Infowarrior

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2012
Fema Region 3
Detector(s) used
NOX 800, Ace 250, Garret Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your luck was better than mine :/

14 boxes this week and only got 5 40%

fish on!

May 4, 2012
In the bank
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You did better than me. I searched 24 boxes this week and found a grand total of 6 40% halves. Five of them came out of one box. This hobby is a roller coaster. I know that my finds will swing back around sooner or later.

SilverFace

Silver Member
Aug 21, 2011
Silverville
Primary Interest:
Other
U did better than me too - from boxes anyway. I searched 6 boxes last week and only found a lone '64. But strangely enough I lucked out with 11 x 40% from just $180 in loose mwrs from one of my p/u banks. Go figure. Now why couldn't I have gotten the rest of the rolls from that box? lol That probably woulda been about a 25-30+ keeper box. Oh well, I'll just take whatever I can get.

Hope we all have better luck next week.

OP
OP
Vdubguy

Vdubguy

Jul 31, 2013
Central PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 (current detector)
Garrett Pro Pointer
Garrett AT Pro (first detector, no longer have)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds like most of the regulars are having the same luck. I have been doing this awhile now, but nothing frustrates me more than a nice 90%er at the beginning of a big pick up and that's all ya get. It is a roller coaster for sure and that's why I love this hobby. Cause you never know what the next box or partial box will bring. And as everyone in this forum will tell you, "Silver is Silver", which is a statement I live by. It all adds up.

Keep up the great finds everyone, I love reading about them and seeing all these impressive hauls hunters are bringing in.

Cheers and HH.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread