Upvote 0
OP
OP
Chillydog

Chillydog

Jun 1, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wtf someone already went through them and then rolled then back up... This bank sucks

mAGma

May 29, 2013
Primary Interest:
Other
Not the banks fault...welcome to CRHing

Joe777Cool

Bronze Member
Feb 6, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:laughing7: Sorry, not laughing at you......just see so many people who think crh is so easy and lucrative. Welcome to reality!

GlenDronach

Bronze Member
Aug 21, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
LOL he got the bug last week and then discovered the mundane reality this week.

Zomotion

Bronze Member
Oct 22, 2013
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, coinmaster Gt Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wtf someone already went through them and then rolled then back up... This bank sucks

Don't give up Chillydog... Rinse and repeat my friend

OP
OP
Chillydog

Chillydog

Jun 1, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was pretty sure that was someone's dump bank anyway so on to the next one.

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Before even reading the text below the picture, I thought to myself... That is a repackaged dump. In my area, those cube boxes are sealed with brown tape across the entire bottom.
Its not the bank's fault, it is the result of a lazy crh'er who rewrapped their coins In their original rolls and sent them back to the bank. I've gotten shipments of repackaged dumps too, you should still search the rolls, the person may not have known about 40% silver halves.
Good luck
HH
Buff

SilverFace

Silver Member
Aug 21, 2011
Silverville
Primary Interest:
Other
Sorry to hear your first box was a re-packed dump box - those are the boxes we all dread. But unfortunately as others have said, that's one of the realities and downsides to the hobby. And gaining familiarity with your banks around town and getting a better idea of which banks are being used regularly by other hunters as dump banks should be considered part of the learning/gaining information process. Hopefully you'll get a good box somewhere before too long that will help make up for this one.

H$H!

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
@ Chillydog, give the bank a few more tries, the bank didn't have the box on hand and had to special order it, as all banks usually do, so maybe next time you will get a unsearched box... you can only order the coins, and what you receive is at the mercy of pure luck.
I picked up 16 boxes of halves last week (I got no repackaged dumps), but only got 3 40%. this week might be better or worse, you just never know :)

Sorry to hear your first box was a re-packed dump box - those are the boxes we all dread. But unfortunately as others have said, that's one of the realities and downsides to the hobby. And gaining familiarity with your banks around town and getting a better idea of which banks are being used regularly by other hunters as dump banks should be considered part of the learning/gaining information process. Hopefully you'll get a good box somewhere before too long that will help make up for this one.

H$H!

vetarun

Jan 25, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My Brinks boxes have arrived with clear tape on them for three years. Never a repacked dump. Not always a sign. Better luck next time.

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I guess it all depends on which area you're in. My brinks rolls actually say brinks on them too, in other parts of the country, brinks wrappers don't say brinks on them.
My Brinks boxes have arrived with clear tape on them for three years. Never a repacked dump. Not always a sign. Better luck next time.

OP
OP
Chillydog

Chillydog

Jun 1, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just got another box from a different branch and it also has the clear tape and has already been looked through... Now what :mad:

vetarun

Jan 25, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Did both of those branches order it for you? If they had them on hand, it's probably dumps from another hunter.

Infowarrior

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2012
Fema Region 3
Detector(s) used
NOX 800, Ace 250, Garret Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to half hunting :P

I did 12 boxes today and only got 1 40%... talk about stressful :/

vetarun

Jan 25, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
wow. Seems if it was a fresh tape job then a new box and new tape was used. If the box was used and the tape was previously torn or cut you would see the old tape or signs that it was torn off before. I still believe the drivers get the new flat boxes from work, go through the coins rebox them and dump them on you guys. It would be to easy to do.

OP
OP
Chillydog

Chillydog

Jun 1, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
wow. Seems if it was a fresh tape job then a new box and new tape was used. If the box was used and the tape was previously torn or cut you would see the old tape or signs that it was torn off before. I still believe the drivers get the new flat boxes from work, go through the coins rebox them and dump them on you guys. It would be to easy to do.

I'm actually going to bag them and dump them so I don't get that box again lol the bank had them since the morning but never called me the whole day haha maybe they went through them

OP
OP
Chillydog

Chillydog

Jun 1, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So I went through them anyway and no Silver but I did get 3 gold plated and a Chrome plated?

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1402615217245.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1402615217245.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 85

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread