Where the Mercs ???

Dozer D

Silver Member
Feb 12, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Where the Merc's ???

Although Rosie dime results have fallen drastically per box since last year, I'm seeing very little story lines on finding Merc's ? The last Merc I found in boxes was back in mid-April (2014). Other than the recent bag findings (current postings) of heavy dump quantities of someone's collection of Rosie's & Merc's, has anyone found some Merc's in boxes? Replys please, they are such a beautiful coin when found in VF-XF+ condition.

Upvote 0

jasonscoins

Apr 11, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found a 1916 Merc the other day in a box, along with a 56 Rosie. The Merc was worn down though, and I can't even tell if it has a mint mark on the back. Shame, especially if it's one of the rare D mints. It's actually the 3rd or 4th 1916 Merc I've found in the last year. Agree though about dimes, averages have gone down and now I'm dealing with the dreaded new boxes filled with 2014s. You'd think that there'd be enough dang dimes out there that they wouldn't have to flood the economy with them each year!

GlenDronach

Bronze Member
Aug 21, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found a few recently, nothing special but always nice to find.

I have found more silver Canadians recently than ever before, which is strange.

jr98119

Sep 21, 2011
The Paris of Appalachia
Detector(s) used
bare hands
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Although Rosie dime results have fallen drastically per box since last year, I'm seeing very little story lines on finding Merc's ? The last Merc I found in boxes was back in mid-April (2014). Other than the recent bag findings (current postings) of heavy dump quantities of someone's collection of Rosie's & Merc's, has anyone found some Merc's in boxes? Replys please, they are such a beautiful coin when found in VF-XF+ condition.
I've found 20 mercs out of 96 boxes searched this year. I have no idea why - I was finding about 4 a year in prior years. The mercs are all worn, and some are truly filthy!

SanMartian

Apr 15, 2013
Skunksville
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last week I picked up a box that had two 44 P Mercs and three silver Rosies. They are out there. I think I've found 9 Mercs so far this year. Mercs are one of my favorites to find, along with Walkers and Buffalos.

ArkieBassMan

Silver Member
Dec 17, 2009
AR
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've dug about 20 or so this year with the E-Trac. Only found 1 lifetime from CRH.

Zomotion

Bronze Member
Oct 22, 2013
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, coinmaster Gt Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found 3 in a box last week, a 41 and 2 44's. That doubled my merc total for the year. Agreed, they are a beautiful coin!

mxh5891

Feb 27, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just got a Brinks box of dines today. Found lots of 2014 dimes in it. But I was able to find a nice 44D merc. My first one in a over 6 months, so they are still out there.

MIhunter

Bronze Member
Jun 29, 2011
Southeastern MI
So far in 2014 I have found 266 silver dimes
89% FDR, 7% Canadian, 4% Merc
Normally my Merc percentage is in the 6-8% range, so I am finding less.

CardsNCoins

Bronze Member
Nov 17, 2010
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In 155 boxes so far this year I have found 237 silver dimes. The breakdown is 210 Roosevelt, 25 Mercs, and 2 Canadian.

So 1 Mercury just about every 6 boxes and 10% of my overall total.

fish on!

May 4, 2012
In the bank
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found 2 mercs and 9 roosies out of 5 boxes of dimes yesterday and one of the 5 boxes was solid 2014. I mainly hunt halves, I just pepper some dime and quarter boxes in when I have spare time, but I have been finding more mercs lately than when I used to hunt dimes more consistently. My roosie finds are way down though with the expetion of yesterday.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions