It is possible! Solid Rolls!

jun808bug

Feb 11, 2014
I went to one of my pick up bank located inside a supermarket to see if my order of halves arrived. They told me that it might take another week. Since I was already there, I asked if they had any halves laying around. Teller says yes, one of our tellers have $130 worth. Took all of it. Got in my car and noticed some of the CWR had the markings KS. Opened one and it looked like this.........

Attachments

• image-3614106444.jpg
    image-3614106444.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 245
  • image-449258771.jpg
    image-449258771.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 288
Last edited:
Upvote 0

VernonWalter

Apr 23, 2014
Tejas
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow this is a really interesting angle - might actually be something I could pursue in some areas (lots of elderly pockets).

Just to ask about basic technique, is it something where you go in and strike up a conversation about being into coins and then come by once and a while and ask if they have some? Then pay in cash for the coins as an exchange? Really curious about this approach, thank you for whatever you can share.

Vdubguy

Jul 31, 2013
Central PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 (current detector)
Garrett Pro Pointer
Garrett AT Pro (first detector, no longer have)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice score, that's just amazing that someone deposits that. Their loss, your massive gain.

HH

SilverFace

Silver Member
Aug 21, 2011
Silverville
Primary Interest:
Other
My best score ever is still 3 solid rolls of Walkers and Ben's and 3 x 40%ers I got from $91 in customer halves less than two weeks after joining Tnet. I was sure a happy hunter with that lucky score but u more than doubled my silver finds from that day with this incredible score. Just never know when and where the next big score might be. Good luck with the rest of the rolls from that other teller. :)

H$H!

enamel7

Gold Member
Apr 16, 2005
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow this is a really interesting angle - might actually be something I could pursue in some areas (lots of elderly pockets).

Just to ask about basic technique, is it something where you go in and strike up a conversation about being into coins and then come by once and a while and ask if they have some? Then pay in cash for the coins as an exchange? Really curious about this approach, thank you for whatever you can share.

No it's a bank. You go in and ask if they have what ever denomination you want. Just don't go in and ask if they have any "silver".

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other

VW, I suggest doing a lot of reading on this forum. You will learn a lot. Then you can hit the pavement and find your own treasure trove :icon_thumright:

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
ever been a banner for crh? this should be, as I have voted as such

mountainman 2

Bronze Member
Aug 9, 2006
Extreme Northern NJ
Detector(s) used
whites classic sl,whites surfmaster,garrett ATX,minelab vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, incredible score!! I had a score like that a couple of years back. You just never know when your going to hit paydirt in this hobby. A huge congrats to you!:icon_thumleft:

Last edited:
OP
OP
jun808bug

jun808bug

Feb 11, 2014
Thank you all for your kind words. I always envied all of your great finds as well. I'm fairly new to Tnet and CRH. I went back to the same bank and the teller that had the coins don't come in until Monday. They said they don't have access to the same tellers cash box. Only that same teller can sell me those coins. I'm gonna be there first thing Monday. I'm buying ALL CWR from that same teller........hope my hunch is right.......

SilverFace

Silver Member
Aug 21, 2011
Silverville
Primary Interest:
Other
Good luck on Monday. If you're able to get even more $ilver from that other teller that would be the $ilver icing on your already Killer Score! :)

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you all for your kind words. I always envied all of your great finds as well. I'm fairly new to Tnet and CRH. I went back to the same bank and the teller that had the coins don't come in until Monday. They said they don't have access to the same tellers cash box. Only that same teller can sell me those coins. I'm gonna be there first thing Monday. I'm buying ALL CWR from that same teller........hope my hunch is right.......

Good luck. I suggest buying some machine wrapped rolls from another bank to have on hand to swap out for the customer wrapped rolls if the teller doesn't have enough coin to sell you some of theirs.

boristhespider88

Bronze Member
May 10, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Went back right away and asked if any of the other teller's coins had any markings similar to the ones that they just gave me. Teller said the lady that had the coins already cashed out and I have to come back tomorrow. I went back in my car and opened the rest of the rolls........ Total is 140 90% all 1964 Kennedy halves most are in uncirculated condition and 3 40% from the other rolls. BEST EVER! I'll be back tomorrow!

I think you had such good luck because you commented on my dime score! :laughing7:

Lots of big finds happening lately! :)

Congrats on the solid rolls!

OP
OP
jun808bug

jun808bug

Feb 11, 2014
I'm still hoping whoever turned those rolls in didn't just turn in only half dollars.........I can only dream for now......

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread