First ordered box, first Ender, I mean "Wender"

barneyb71

Mar 6, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So a few weeks ago I stopped at an out of town branch of my CU to drop some change. I asked if they had halves, they said they had $50, so I took them. They ended up being MWRs, so I asked if they ordered them in. The teller said yes, they have a few customers that want them. Well, I got a 40% out of them. Stopped the following week and got $50, and again found a 40%. So I ordered a box that I got yesterday, opened it just to count the rolls. The teller starts counting and I'm drooling over the "Wender" that is looking right at me. Well it ended up being the only silver in the box, a 44P, but I'm not complaining. I also picked up $20 loose in halves from my work bank, got a 64', a 68', and a 78S clad. Good finds for me.....

Upvote 0

SilverFace

Silver Member
Aug 21, 2011
Silverville
Primary Interest:
Other
Congrats! That was sure great beginners luck finding a Wender in your very first box. Kinda strange it was the only silver in the box but u just never know with this hobby. I didn't find my very first Wender till just last month - and strangely enough it was in a box with my first Bender too. U had some other good finds too. Sounds like you've found a good p/u bank unless its at an inconvenient location.

Continued success to you and H$H!

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
coin_collection.gif
Great finds! Thanks for sharing...

baddbluff

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2011
vegas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's pretty good beginner's luck. It took a few months to find a Walker. All enders are cool, and Wenders are especially sweet!

Iamrussell

Bronze Member
Mar 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pic or it didnt happen lol ;-)
Congrats on finding a lovely lady

-------------------------------------
just keep stacking, just keep stacking, stacking stacking stacking

Dozer D

Silver Member
Feb 12, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Hay Barney: good find, picture or not I'll take your word on it. Last year I found a three cent piece (1860'ish) in a box of dimes, and yet there were a lot of guys out there that did not believe me, but I know I found it fair & square.

OP
OP
barneyb71

barneyb71

Mar 6, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I took a picture but I have a windows phone and I can't figure out how to upload pictures. I put her in a 2 x 2 that is sitting on my dresser....everytime I walk by it, I pick it up and look at it. They are a really nice looking coin. I will try to figure out the picture thing. Thanks everyone.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread