Finally, a good box

srcdco

Dec 11, 2006
Western NY
Detector(s) used
Minelab Nox-800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fridays box of halves was the best one in a long time. I found 18 40% (1965, 1966, 1967 (7), 1968-D (4), 1969-D (5)), two 1964 and a 1952-D Franklin. Along with those I got four proofs (1976-S, 1979-S, 1986-S, and 1988-S) and my first 1974-D DDO. I also got a 1947-S silver Roosevelt Dime in my dime rolls. I would post pictures, but it always complains that the files are too big.
That, along with my detecting finds yesterday (3 Barber Quarters, 2 Barber Dimes, 1 Mercury Dime, 3 Liberty Nickels, and 1 Indian Head Cent - check my post in "Today's Finds" for the dates) made for a great coin weekend!

I did have a little problem turning in the clad halves. This is the first time. The teller didn't want to take them. I was depositing the whole amount, so she couldn't complain that I was just cashing them in. Then she said that she'd have to count every roll. I told to go ahead, but it will take a long time. She counted one, complained about the wrappers that I used (they are the ones that they come in) and measured the rest against that one roll. I told her that all the rolls are marked and since I'm depositing them, she has my account number if there's a problem, which there isn't. Then she spent the next five minutes trying to sell me services that I already have. Once she looked at my list of accounts, she did get much nicer, though.

Scott

Upvote 0

LJ

Silver Member
Dec 23, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sweet!! WTG.

Some tellers are kinda funny sometimes. I just take them in stride when I come across one like that.

TxTim

Silver Member
Jan 14, 2007
Texas
Detector(s) used
DFX & SE
Great finds!
Congrats on the silver with your MD, too!
5 barbers?
You must have a honey hole!

OP
OP
S

srcdco

Dec 11, 2006
Western NY
Detector(s) used
Minelab Nox-800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Actually, I was detecting in a park. I've found a lot of silver in that same park and I know there's more there. It was supposed to be "hunted out", but we all know that's never true.

Scott

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread