One million coins ? 1,000,000

Dozer D

Silver Member
Feb 12, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Of those of you who are BIG volume CRH's hunters, has anyone ever exceeded 1,000,000 coins (not dollars)of your primary individual demoninations in any one particular year (example 2013). For 1000,000 pieces, it would take: cents-400 boxes; nicks-500 bx; dimes-400 bx; qtrs-500 bx; half-1000 boxes.
Just like there is the "Seated Club", I thing we should recognize those of you that HAVE searched, or exceeded one million PIECES, and call them such: the million piece club.
Those who fall into this club, I salute you. I trust your survey results, NO PICTURES REQUIRED.
I myself have a long long way to go on dimes.

P.S. - I'm still in the hospital, and might ( just might) go home Tues., providing blood test results are favorable. Wish me luck, gotta get out of here.

Upvote 0

SilverFace

Silver Member
Aug 21, 2011
Silverville
Primary Interest:
Other
Im sure there are some half hunters who search twice that or more in a year. Im at just 72 half boxes so far this year but I had a slow start earlier this year. Im hoping to search at least 200 half boxes by year end which is small time compared to some others here.

Good luck with your lab tests - hope u make outta there soon.

Iamrussell

Bronze Member
Mar 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
1000 boxes of halves would be 20/week
So ya there are several on here who do that- remember when timzim was doing 40-50boxes a week?

-------------------------------------
just keep stacking, just keep stacking, stacking stacking stacking

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
I do the equivalent of 26 boxes a week( 20 boxes and three bags) every week, will try more in the winter when my business slows down. HH, Maverick.

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
CRH isn't a race to who can search 1,000,000 coins first... just enjoy the hobby at a pace you're comfortable with...

OP
OP
Dozer D

Dozer D

Silver Member
Feb 12, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
CRH isn't a race to who can search 1,000,000 coins first... just enjoy the hobby at a pace you're comfortable with...

Never intended to sound or be a race, stop reading negativity into the hobby. Only wanted to recognize "Job well done", to those who have reached/passed that hurdle.

starkizzle

Mar 9, 2014
Maine
Detector(s) used
soon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I dont think anyone here is doing this as any sort of race... i know maybe over the next few years i could hit a million, and if my math ever comes out that way i would post it on this site as a milestone reached, like finding something seated... or solid rolls, everyone is enjoying this hobby, thats why we are here, and why we share our stories.

I would like to read about someone who has accomplished this in just a year

Iamrussell

Bronze Member
Mar 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I joined the million dollar club this year.

See thats impressive- the million coins isnt all that cause that can be achieved fairly easy in a yr- but actual $1,000,000 dollars searched thats an achievement worth celebrating
So congrats dreamboxvip

-------------------------------------
just keep stacking, just keep stacking, stacking stacking stacking

Infowarrior

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2012
Fema Region 3
Detector(s) used
NOX 800, Ace 250, Garret Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I searched almost 3/4 million dollars last year in halves... broke the million mark sometime in the past few months, hard to say cause I dont usually add up CWR amounts, only if I find silver... but in boxes alone ive done 2100 so far since I started hunting a year and half ago

out of 2100 boxes, my best box would be either my 38 total silver(30 40%, 8 90%), or my 18 90% box with 3 wenders and 2 benders(all 90% was walkers or bens).

Most silver per roll was in that 38 silver box, 4 silvers. a ben, walker, and 2 40%... ive gotten 4 in a roll about 5-6 times, but never more(MWR rolls atleast, found plenty of solid CWR rolls in my time)

found 1 seated(Customer sealed bag, not MWR), 3 barbers, 2 booker t washington comms, 3 washington comms, 1 illionois comm, 1 stone mountain comm, and 4-5 modern 90% proofs. and for 40% ive found 6-7 1970S, 4-5 70D, 5-6 bicentennials, and 1-2 bicentennial proofs. I think ive only found 1 holed silver too, a 40%er, i also found a sharpie marked 40% too.

HH all

Yinzi50

Bronze Member
Sep 14, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In order to do it for long time, one needs
at least 12 (2 as backup for mechanical failure)
dump banks to dispose 20 boxes
per week. This is not feasible for lots of
members here. Only a few who live in big
city or has close connections can do this.

The Rule of thumb is 1k per dump bank per
week. Otherwise it won't last for a year before
getting cut of.

Infowarrior

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2012
Fema Region 3
Detector(s) used
NOX 800, Ace 250, Garret Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ive been doing 2k/week dumps at 4-5 branches of the same bank, and never had a single problem.

Mtldealer

May 8, 2012
District 12, SouthWest
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i have a bank that I dump 8K on Mon, Wed and Fridays... they just want me to bring it in first thing in the morning (day of pick up) so it doesn't sit in their vault too long. They are not the norm though - the other banks I dump at don't want more than a couple bags a week, they don't care whether they are pennies or dollar coins.

goldencoin

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2005
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX & Beach Hunter ID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just tallied everything up today, 3,424,232 coins of all denominations (although 1.4 million of that is pennies). I've lost a bunch of records, so the real number is probably closer to 4 million

HH
-GC

Spizzerinctum

Mar 8, 2013
Western Hemisphere
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't keep track of how many boxes I've searched but it's safe to say I'm in the club since I've put away over 500,000 copper cents.

Yinzi50

Bronze Member
Sep 14, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last year I did 669 boxes of dimes, that were
1,672,500 coins.

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
A million cents? easily, as a kid, its all I did. ...others, not even close, and likely wont as crhing just don't have the time any more. As it turns out, I work more than the bankers do. (their hours of operation suck), all I'm saying.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread