Lunch Hunting

thurmownator

Bronze Member
Dec 25, 2006
Primary Interest:
Other
Stopped by a few banks over lunch. First had two common Ikes, second had zero and third two clad halves. Oh well, noting ventured...nothing gained....and I did get two more Ikes

Fourth, and last bank, was to pickup up two boxes of halves. This new bank has only given me "goose eggs" thus far (after three boxes). These latest 5x10x1s are each stamped 09 March 07; same as box # 3. Hopefully the results will be better.

I also asked this last bank about "large dollars". While they didn't have any, the vault manager thinks she can specifically order them. I asked her to, and we'll see what happens.

Upvote 0

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thurmownator said:
Stopped by a few banks over lunch.

Me to, but it is Lunch Dumping for me.

Went to two banks and dumped $660 and withdrew $600 from both ATMs.
I will dump the rest of my rejects in a few days and get the rest of my coin money for the weekend.

OP
OP
thurmownator

thurmownator

Bronze Member
Dec 25, 2006
Primary Interest:
Other
Had a bank call me this afternoon, that I had been to on Saturday. They didn't have access to the vault on Saturday, but would have the vault manager call me on Monday; for they knew there were some rolls of halves in there.

The call came in and I drove over to pick up $110 worth; including the first $20 roll I had seen. Details forthcoming.

On the way, passed another bank I had been to on Saturday, who did not have vault access until today. This bank only had $9 in halves (a quick glance makes me think all clad) but threw in a $2 Canadian "Toonie" they didn't want. (Therefore, I'm already up $1.72; even if the $9 in halves is a skunk)

Between the two boxes I picked up over lunch, and (now) this additional $119 in halves, I'll be busy tonight...........as I've got three more boxes to pick up between tomorrow and Wednesday.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions