First long box

Chillydog

Jun 1, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just got my first long box, glued shut. What carrier do these come from? Let's see what I get. uploadfromtaptalk1403050711142.jpg

Upvote 0

SilverFace

Silver Member
Aug 21, 2011
Silverville
Primary Interest:
Other
My flat boxes these days are from Dunbar but your cant really tell for sure by just looking at the box unless it has tape with the carriers name on it like mine sometimes do if the ends are coming apart. I got two flat boxes today myself. Good luck to us both.

OP
OP
Chillydog

Chillydog

Jun 1, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like they were Loomis.. Got skunked.. I think I will get 2 more boxes and if those are skunks too then find somewhere else?

SilverFace

Silver Member
Aug 21, 2011
Silverville
Primary Interest:
Other
Too bad u got skunked but there's really no way to know for sure when and where u might get some good boxes. U might go through a long skunk streak with boxes at a bank and then get a loaded box. Or u might get started on a long skunk streak that seems to have no end. Its just so hard to make accurate predictions with this hobby - esp in the short term and esp with halves. Just gotta keep searching, use your best judgment and hope for the best.

Good luck and H$H!

Iamrussell

Bronze Member
Mar 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
2???? Lol sorry but if youre thinking youll get ag in every box youre in the wrong hobby- dont get me wrong people are finding it but every post here with a find there are 10 more that are getting skunks- stick with a bank if they are willing to order for ya- just expect more skunks than finds-

-------------------------------------
just keep stacking, just keep stacking, stacking stacking stacking

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Keep trying chiilydog, I searched 6 boxes and 2 bags today ( the bags were 1 and a half years old, going to do a post on that probably) and everything was a skunk, and I make a hundred mile round trip every week to get this order, it is a hobby you have to put a little into for sure but, you will eventually be rewarded ( hopefully) . HH, Maverick.

Last edited:

weighit

Feb 17, 2007
Northern Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX with a Big Foot coil
Gold Bug 2
Like others have said, you only get to see photos of the finds, many of us could supply thousands of photos of nothing boxes!! My longest streak was 27 boxes of zip, and yes I too was about ready to give up. Another member wrote and said it is supposed to be a hobby, what else ya got to do? If you think about it if someone tosses a roll of 40% back into the system and it gets run through and your box just happens to be being filled, your box is a real winner. Then you take photos and everyone wishes it was a box they found. Ya just got to keep plugging away and eventually your going to be a winner. This last week out of 7 boxes I ended up with 7 90% and 24 40%. That for me was a GREAT week.

OP
OP
Chillydog

Chillydog

Jun 1, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
2???? Lol sorry but if youre thinking youll get ag in every box youre in the wrong hobby- dont get me wrong people are finding it but every post here with a find there are 10 more that are getting skunks- stick with a bank if they are willing to order for ya- just expect more skunks than finds-

I have already got 4 brinks boxes and haven't been skunked yet so I was trying those and theses... I'm fine with not getting any. I was just wondering if I should stick with one kind of box or try others.

Iamrussell

Bronze Member
Mar 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have already got 4 brinks boxes and haven't been skunked yet so I was trying those and theses... I'm fine with not getting any. I was just wondering if I should stick with one kind of box or try others.

One kind of box wont matter over another usually- 1 bank over another 1 courier over another- doesnt mean anything really- all that matters is you hit the boxes when someone has dumped ag back into circulation cause I cant/dont and wont believe there is ag just sitting in some old warehouse somewhere waiting to be sent out-maybe once in a great moon youll get a box or set of boxes that are a little bit older but majority of boxes are going to be just those other crhs have searched and dumped and then some unfortunate fool also dumps his/her ag into all the crh coins and walla it finds its way into your box-
Like I said if you have a bank/banks that will order for you regularly- then stick with them-

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ive never seen a box like that, and like others have said you can't tell the packer (such as loomis, brinks, dunbar) by looking at the box itself, you have to ask the tellers. Even so, some of my brinks supplied banks get their brinks boxes delivered from a garda truck, so you just never know, sometimes the tellers don't even know.

minkybodl

Aug 19, 2011
Those long flat boxes are the only kind that I have ever gotten where I'm at. Usually they are using Loomis at most of the banks that I go to. But like Russell said, it doesn't matter what kind of boxes you are getting. If you find any silver in any box you just got lucky. Maybe instead of thinking in terms of boxes, you should be thinking different banks because you can never have enough of those in your pocket.

HH and GL

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions