How Many Miles Do You Drive Each Week?

Iamrussell

Bronze Member
Mar 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Normally less than 5- all my pickups are less than 2 miles from my house and I drop off ny dumps as im out n about-
When I was doing dimes hard last yr I was driving 50-75miles extra a week and that wasnt worth it-
Really isnt worth it if youre driving all over with ag as low price wise and find wise as it is and gas as high as it is- if I had to drive any further id probably stop and just spend the $$$ to buy the ag

-------------------------------------
just keep stacking, just keep stacking, stacking stacking stacking

Chillydog

Jun 1, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All my banks are within 2 miles, or on the way to and from work.

agme

Feb 4, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
90 to140 miles per week, mostly all to dump.

fish on!

May 4, 2012
In the bank
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This topic was discussed a month or so ago. You should just search for it and bump that thread rather than starting a new one.

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A better question might be, how much time do you put into this hobby and is it really worth it with the return...

also remember, there are more costs to CRH than just gas, such as wear and tear on your vehicle, etc.

foofighters

Nov 7, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
About 1000, 1500 miles a week:laughing7:

Well that is about about how many miles a week I put on my work truck working away from home doing construction. It allows me to see a lot of different towns and hit different small town banks when I am working in different towns.

But it doesnt allow me to do much volume like ordering steady supplies of boxes unless I am around large cities. But hey the gas and vehicle are supplied.

bertmaster2000

Dec 19, 2013
Northern US
Detector(s) used
Minelab 705
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've realized it is far more profitable (considering BOTH time and money) for me to set aside a little $$$ with each paycheck, or work a little OT at work, and use the "extra" $$$ to buy silver than it is to CRH. I have a good, steady job that pays well. I only somewhat routinely CRH nickels now because it is a relaxing form of recreation for me. My pick-up and dump banks are on my way to and from work, so no extra driving is necessary.

That said when I go on vacation out of state, I order a few boxes of halves at my destination and look thru them, again, because it is a relaxing form of recreation for me.

No matter your reasons, if you enjoy CRH-ing, do it despite the fact it is a money-losing proposition these days.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread