Best penny arcade, coinstar, etc. finds

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A 10k men's ring with some ugly, chipped stone in it and a few super super small diamonds that are probably worthless.
I'm fine with free gold though :D

dreamboxvip

May 1, 2014
Best penny arcade find was 27 dollars worth of change being blocked by a bag from coming into the reject tray. Also found a 1967 half dollar in the mix. Second best was 12 steel pennies.

Mr. Silver Stash

Mar 3, 2012
The Constitution State
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
Bounty Hunter Fast Tracker
Primary Interest:
Other
I found a 1 gram 14k gold pendant that I plucked from below the trash screen at a CoinStar. Ive gotten a few small sterling pieces that way, too. My secret - a twig and a piece of chewed gum.

I have found a number of silver coins in the reject tray at td bank penny arcades, including a lot of 7 silver quarters once.

Last edited:

Infowarrior

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2012
Fema Region 3
Detector(s) used
NOX 800, Ace 250, Garret Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Best single coin machine find would be a mens gold ring, 8 grams of 14k(i think it was) but I got 225 for it from the LCS.

And I also stopped a guy from dumping lots of silver into the bin, and bought him out, ended with $26.50 in silver face value with morgans and peace dollars, SLQ's... what a day! (http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/coin-roll-hunting/358073-dumping-halves-today-heard-distinct-sound-silver-score.html)

Found a peace dollar once also... and I found a painted ASE still in the plastic case, inside a coin machine... and actually 2 weeks ago I found a really nice type 2 ike(king of all ikes)!!! at my branch that I dump in bags, but I still always reach my hand in the coin machine for goodies, and happened to get 2 1972 ikes, and one was a type 2... unbelievable! haha

Last edited:

SilverLunker

Nov 4, 2013
New England
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Best finds have been an 1891 O Morgan dollar and an 1890 Victoria jubilee head crown in AU condition...both from Coinstar machines!!

Hunter612

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2013
Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 400
Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found 7 of the small dollar coins once and I normally find newer foreign coins.

Infowarrior

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2012
Fema Region 3
Detector(s) used
NOX 800, Ace 250, Garret Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No offense, but read the first sentence of the thread... lol, a coin counting machine

CW3(ret) US Army

Jun 30, 2011
Downstate New York
Detector(s) used
White Spectra V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What are your best finds from coin counting machines?

Personally I've found a 22 karat men's ring with a weight of .4oz and a 14 karat plumb necklace charm about the size and weight of a dime. Both of these came from penny arcades.

:coffee2: Jewelry wise: man's 14K wedding band weighting 5 pennyweight, coin wise: 1864 2 Cent peice.
HH
Gary

Last edited:

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
last months Checks at Grocery Store coin Star Machine.

On last Thurs 1 -1964 Dime
Forgot my CC went back to get it the next day and Boom
A 1954 Dime laying on the floor in front of the machine.
also found 10 Steel Cents about 5 months ago.
Davers

hokielegend

Nov 8, 2012
east
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oldest coin - a 1700 year old Roman coin.
Oldest US - 1869 2 cent piece in XF condition.
Most coins - approx. $95 in clad + 1 40% Kennedy.

mountainman 2

Bronze Member
Aug 9, 2006
Extreme Northern NJ
Detector(s) used
whites classic sl,whites surfmaster,garrett ATX,minelab vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found a 10k man's wedding band once. It was so close to the design of my own band that I thought I dropped it in when I was dumping. Most unusual was a counterstamped nickel 3 cent piece. Found somewhere in the neighborhood of 20-30 steel cents stuck to the magnet once. As far as silver, years ago I remember a nice handful of silver dimes and quarters including a 1916 Barber dime out of the reject tray. Now silver out of a penny arcade is few and far between.

http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/coin-roll-hunting/256512-nice-find-td-s-reject-slot.html

http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/c...red-td-s-penny-arcade-magnet-found-these.html

http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/c...-golden-find-coin-return-good-box-halves.html

Last edited:

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I saw the coin star guy working on his machine at the grocery store, I say to him "must find a lot of goodies in those things", with a twinkle in his eye, says.. you have no idea...Dang, that's gotta be a good gig!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread