Good day at my dump bank

CoinHusker

Tenderfoot
Jun 15, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
First of all just wanted to say that this is my first thread I have posted on Tnet. I have been lurking around this site for awhile now, reading about your guys finds and stuff on here and figured I would like to be a part of this community. Now that's out of the way, Today I went into the bank to dump some dimes into the coin machine. I load up about a Hand full of dimes on the belt and as the coins feed into the machine it doesn't start counting my coins. I walked over to one of the tellers asking for her help. She opens up the machine to an obvious jam up from whoever had dumped some coins before me. Whoever it was had dumped an Allen wrench in the machine which caused the jam up along with a pile of mixed coins. I was honest about it and told the lady that all that change didn't belong to me and all I had was dimes. She told me that I was welcome to it since there was they didn't know who it belonged to and asked me if I had another box to put the coins in. Later on when I went through the coins the amount added up to a little over $20 but the best part is there was a 1964 silver dime in the mix along with a wheat cent and a 1956 d nickel which I'm sure isn't worth much but it's seems like it's in really good condition. Pretty good day.

Attachments

• image-2732243188.jpg
    image-2732243188.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 89
  • image-1947010457.jpg
    image-1947010457.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 74
Upvote 0

SilverFace

Silver Member
Aug 21, 2011
Silverville
Primary Interest:
Other
Welcome. Getting paid over $20 (including a little silver) by a bank to dump your coins sure sounds like a great deal and a pretty good day to me too. And that nickel looks like a real beauty. Ive never had much luck finding free coins at coin counters myself but the coin counters I use usually work really good so Im thankful for that.

HH!

OP
OP
CoinHusker

CoinHusker

Tenderfoot
Jun 15, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Silverface. Yeah I was pretty excited with what I found, because honestly it was unexpected. There had to of been only like 5 dimes mixed in with the handful I threw in and I know that I didn't throw any silver in there. That's what makes this hobby so fun and addicting. You just never know what you will find.

Chillydog

Jun 1, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Today I started dumping and it jammed like instantly... They come over to look for the problem and I $hit you not there was a 10$ roll of quarters inside the machine that someone put in LOL she just handed it too my like "are you stupid“... I'm like Idk how they got there but thanks haha

Infowarrior

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2012
Fema Region 3
Detector(s) used
NOX 800, Ace 250, Garret Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lol nice score!!! 20$ in change, nice!!

Chillydog, i found a roll of nickels once :P my favorite "wtf were they thinking" is a painted ASE still in the plastic case. lol

OP
OP
CoinHusker

CoinHusker

Tenderfoot
Jun 15, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah I've seen how that goes people walk in with a coffee can full of change and they just turn the whole thing over, then half the coins are all over the floor and just rolling out of sight

Yinzi50

Bronze Member
Sep 14, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to the forum. Happy hunting!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread