The scourge of 2014s

jasonscoins

Apr 11, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The scourge of 2014's

I've been hunting dimes pretty hard for well over a year now, and in that time I've come across a few solid boxes of new coins here and there. But at my local pick-up bank, I've had 3-4 straight weeks of nothing but solid boxes of 2014s. Anybody else running into this on a consistent basis? And for those that have more experience, how long should I expect this streak of new boxes to continue. I'm thinking they have to run out of new boxes sooner or later -- LOL.

Upvote 0

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey jasonscoins, I hunt dimes. I've been doing hundreds of boxes a year for several years now. Generally, the brand new dimes come around May and are weeded out by mid July. However, last year was the worst year I've ever experienced concerning solid boxes of brand new (2013) dimes. This year isn't nearly as bad as last year, though. in my last $5,000 worth of dimes, maybe $750 worth was solid 2014.
Also, I was receiving solid 2013 dime boxes here and there until about February of this year. Hang in there, there have been times that I thought of dropping searching dimes, but because half dollars haven't been good lately, I like to do a few dime boxes a week just so I have some silver to show for my efforts.
Hope this helps.
HH
Buff

Iamrussell

Bronze Member
Mar 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In my area new dimes usually start around may and go through the summer- I last yr I was still getting new boxes clear up til October- so I only hunt dimes from nov-mar

-------------------------------------
just keep stacking, just keep stacking, stacking stacking stacking

dreamboxvip

May 1, 2014
I got almost 60 straight boxes of 2014p through march-april. The solid boxes finally stopped, atleast i thought so anyways until after about 15 more i got another 5 boxes of solid 2014p. Stopped ordering for awhile now. What's weird is that i traveled hundreds of miles getting brinks, loomis and garda from different banks... still all 2014p. Makes me think they all just get coins from one place then roll them into their own wrappers.

enamel7

Gold Member
Apr 16, 2005
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've been having the same problem with cents. Getting bombarded with solid boxes currently.

OP
OP
J

jasonscoins

Apr 11, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey thanks guys for the input. I appreciate it. Hopefully these new boxes will end sooner rather than later. It's very frustrating to pick them up, only to drive them to a dump bank. Be gone with you 2014s!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread