1970S

Rustystcloud

Oct 9, 2013
Primary Interest:
Other
Title says it all folks. I have not been posting lately mostly because my finds have not been worthy of a post but today was a little different. Hit my first 1970S Been searching long and hard and while I have read many threads about the elusive coin I finally got my own. And yes, I did double check, triple check then stand up from the chair and yelled "FINALLY" :)
Happy hunting everyone!

Upvote 0

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congratulations! I recently got my first ever 1970-S, it's a nice feeling to find more than just a normal 40%er! :)

SilverFace

Silver Member
Aug 21, 2011
Silverville
Primary Interest:
Other
Congrats on finding your first '70S. Im still looking for my first '70S & '70D. Im sure if and when I ever find my first of either one I'll be doing a double and triple check too just to make sure I'm not dreaming lol.

H$H!

Chillydog

Jun 1, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Title says it all folks. I have not been posting lately mostly because my finds have not been worthy of a post but today was a little different. Hit my first 1970S Been searching long and hard and while I have read many threads about the elusive coin I finally got my own. And yes, I did double check, triple check then stand up from the chair and yelled "FINALLY" :)
Happy hunting everyone!

Pics or it didn't happen... Lol jk, congrats that's the last one I need to finish my book

OP
OP
R

Rustystcloud

Oct 9, 2013
Primary Interest:
Other
Pics or it didn't happen... Lol jk, congrats that's the last one I need to finish my book

Sorry, no pic of me standing up excited about my find. I am not that famous to have paparazzi taking pics of me. Haha jk I will get a pic up soon I am on my phone typing this and haven't figured out how to upload pics from phone.

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
coin_collection.gif
Great find! Thanks for sharing...

OP
OP
R

Rustystcloud

Oct 9, 2013
Primary Interest:
Other
image.jpg

Little rough but I will take a 70' in wild in any condition.....

Enjoy

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I got one at a pawn shop for 3.50 last Thursday, dude didn't know what he had. He was all " I gotta have the silver melt plus profit" I giggled and told him I didn't need a receipt. It is in flawless condition, proof.

ArkieBassMan

Silver Member
Dec 17, 2009
AR
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got one at a pawn shop for 3.50 last Thursday, dude didn't know what he had. He was all " I gotta have the silver melt plus profit" I giggled and told him I didn't need a receipt. It is in flawless condition, proof.

Not a bad buy, especially from a pawn shop. Seems to be about a $4-$5 coin on eBay.

Can someone explain to me why the '70-S seems to be more coveted than the '68-S or '69-S? Is it because the fact that the '70-D is NIFC and silver that it somehow makes the '70-S more desirable as well?

Last edited:

SilverFace

Silver Member
Aug 21, 2011
Silverville
Primary Interest:
Other
Not a bad buy, especially from a pawn shop. Seems to be about a $4-$5 coin on eBay.

Can someone explain to me why the '70-S seems to be more coveted than the '68-S or '69-S? Is it because the fact that the '70-D is NIFC and silver that it somehow makes the '70-S more desirable as well?

The mintage figures for the '70 proof set is slightly less (about 300,000 - 400,000 less) than the '69 & '68 proof sets but I believe your guess is probably the most plausible.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread