$100 star note

Twitch

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2010
Missouri
Boxes have been very slow last month or so. Turned a reverse ender into a total of 2 40%ers. Went to dump at a branch for the 2nd time and pulled a '64, '65 and '67 out of the tray and then got a $100 2009A star note in return. I hear about them a lot but this is the first time I've ever found one. What do people normally do with them? I see they draw a small premium on ebay but I don't really know if its worth it.

Picked up a total of $120 in dimes and scored a really nice '43-D out of it. I've hunted ~$1,600 in dimes over the last 5 or 6 weeks and have pulled 3 mercs and 8 Rosie's. Oddly the Merc's seem to be coming from the same branch of the same bank out of MWR's, but a week or two between them. I guess I need to hunt them a little harder. If I can get a good dime dump set up I'll take a swing at them.

Upvote 0

SilverFace

Silver Member
Aug 21, 2011
Silverville
Primary Interest:
Other
Looks like some decent finds. I bought a nice mid grade '34A $100 bill at my dump bank last month and took it to my LCS a few days later and one of the guys there said it listed for about $115 but that wasn't enough of a profit margin for him to make me an offer on it so I just had to spend it at one of my p/u banks to get some boxes. Maybe u could take that star note to your LCS and see if they might make you an offer on it. Sounds like you're doing pretty good on the dimes too.

H$H!

Infowarrior

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2012
Fema Region 3
Detector(s) used
NOX 800, Ace 250, Garret Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I tried selling a new bill star note, and an older style star note... no bids after 2 runs(3 days each) at $120 starting bid each...so I just spent them.

OP
OP
Twitch

Twitch

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2010
Missouri
SilverFace - Next time I'm at the LCS I'll see if he'll give me $100 and a Merc for it. If he does I'll jump on it and take the free Merc! Dimes have been good lately which is odd, because I don't really hunt them much, just a handful of rolls here and there.

Info - Your experience is exactly what I'd expect to get. Just not worth the hassle to try and clear ~$3 or $4 after fees, shipping, etc.

SilverFace

Silver Member
Aug 21, 2011
Silverville
Primary Interest:
Other
SilverFace - Next time I'm at the LCS I'll see if he'll give me $100 and a Merc for it. If he does I'll jump on it and take the free Merc! Dimes have been good lately which is odd, because I don't really hunt them much, just a handful of rolls here and there.

Info - Your experience is exactly what I'd expect to get. Just not worth the hassle to try and clear ~$3 or $4 after fees, shipping, etc.

I like your idea of trying to get at least $100 and a silver dime. I remember I asked the guy @ my LCS if he would at least give me $105 for my $100 bill and he thought about it for a couple of seconds but then declined my offer. But maybe he might have agreed to an offer of $100 cash and a silver dime. A free silver dime is sure better than nothing. Good thinking and good luck to you.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread